Monday, March 01, 2004
Back from dinner!
Ate Chicken Ho-fun at the jap-asian cuisine place nearby.
Sigh...prices have increased by $0.50 cents....even they are affected by the exchange rates eh.
Though, it's supposed to be adjusted down...not up.
Anyway, feel full...and sinful now.
Guess I'll go do my daily 100 crunches later to make up for it...hmm..or do them during the 1hr newlywed special later!
Thank God for australian TV!
Over the air: Nothing but my neighbour's vacuuming
Here's the BLOG entry that I wrote during my 1st lecture of the semester, today -
Ok ok, here's my BLOG on the anime screening that I promised yer guys!
First up was "Steelvia", which I felt is a badly drawn anime on robots.
Second was "His and her circumstance", quite nicely directed, pretty adult themes, dark at times, which reminded me of Evangelion... and also quite funny also. N *ahem*, I think I know why Calvin wants to get it hehehhe.
Third was "Outlaw Star", which just reminded me alot of Cowboy Bebop, but with a cooler ship that actually talks.
They screened 3 episodes at a go each time, with a 10min break in between.
Thing is that...I didn't talk to a single person throughout the whole damn thing.
Didn't utter a single word, nor was I spoken to.
Just sat there in the darkened LT and watched anime!
The whole "meeting" lacked direction really, coz as a newbie to the thing, nobody told us wat was happening. It was as if they expected only seasoned regulars in the meeting, and you instrinsicly knew what was on the agenda....
Here I am in the 1st lecturer the semester...and already I'm getting distracted by my BLOG.
DAMNIT!
But well have some ideas what the course is about already. So I guess I'll be fine if I distract myself abit, and blog it all down =P
The course is about Information Science or Information Spaces. About the retrieval, classification, analysis and storage of information.
I realised that the lecturer might be trying to tell us that when you ask a question or query online for information. Not only do you get the information back textually, but also graphically, or even throught video!
Let's say I want to find the capital of Australia. I could get back Canbera, Sydney or even Melbourne. Why? because I didn't state what kind of capital I was looking for!
Let's say I want to find out where is Sydney, and how to get there. I'll get a map of course, which is more useful in conveying information that just directions.
Great, I contributed "BLOG" to lecturer (he was asking for examples of bodies of information), and he somehow heard "LAW" instead....ahuh.A
Yes...oh well, at least he was very happy with the answer.
Oh a Break!!!
Ate Chicken Ho-fun at the jap-asian cuisine place nearby.
Sigh...prices have increased by $0.50 cents....even they are affected by the exchange rates eh.
Though, it's supposed to be adjusted down...not up.
Anyway, feel full...and sinful now.
Guess I'll go do my daily 100 crunches later to make up for it...hmm..or do them during the 1hr newlywed special later!
Thank God for australian TV!
Over the air: Nothing but my neighbour's vacuuming
Here's the BLOG entry that I wrote during my 1st lecture of the semester, today -
Ok ok, here's my BLOG on the anime screening that I promised yer guys!
First up was "Steelvia", which I felt is a badly drawn anime on robots.
Second was "His and her circumstance", quite nicely directed, pretty adult themes, dark at times, which reminded me of Evangelion... and also quite funny also. N *ahem*, I think I know why Calvin wants to get it hehehhe.
Third was "Outlaw Star", which just reminded me alot of Cowboy Bebop, but with a cooler ship that actually talks.
They screened 3 episodes at a go each time, with a 10min break in between.
Thing is that...I didn't talk to a single person throughout the whole damn thing.
Didn't utter a single word, nor was I spoken to.
Just sat there in the darkened LT and watched anime!
The whole "meeting" lacked direction really, coz as a newbie to the thing, nobody told us wat was happening. It was as if they expected only seasoned regulars in the meeting, and you instrinsicly knew what was on the agenda....
Here I am in the 1st lecturer the semester...and already I'm getting distracted by my BLOG.
DAMNIT!
But well have some ideas what the course is about already. So I guess I'll be fine if I distract myself abit, and blog it all down =P
The course is about Information Science or Information Spaces. About the retrieval, classification, analysis and storage of information.
I realised that the lecturer might be trying to tell us that when you ask a question or query online for information. Not only do you get the information back textually, but also graphically, or even throught video!
Let's say I want to find the capital of Australia. I could get back Canbera, Sydney or even Melbourne. Why? because I didn't state what kind of capital I was looking for!
Let's say I want to find out where is Sydney, and how to get there. I'll get a map of course, which is more useful in conveying information that just directions.
Great, I contributed "BLOG" to lecturer (he was asking for examples of bodies of information), and he somehow heard "LAW" instead....ahuh.A
Yes...oh well, at least he was very happy with the answer.
Oh a Break!!!
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]