Monday, March 22, 2004

The Time Machine

They're showing Sex and the City here now, 2 episodes in a roll, 1 full hour of SATC.
The thing is that the episode following the first seems to be a back episode. One min, one of the girls has a baby and the other is with this guy, the next episode, the baby's back in the tummy, and the other girl's dating somebody else. Something clearly is up.... and there I was at camp praising Australia's television programming.

Missed a whole day of school today. Woke up aching everywhere, hungry and having no energy to do anything. Either I was too tired from camp, or it's the cold flu. Don't ask me which. So I didn't goto school missed 2 lectures and a group meeting. Sigh...just what am I gonna do with myself.

Looking back at camp, there are again moments where I wished I hadn't acted the way I did, hadn't said the things I did, HAD the guts to say the at the tip of my tongue, eaten more, slept less, drank more, partied more, was more interactive, spontaneous and ....well to sum it all, not my usual self actually.

Crossing your comfort zone was one of the things brought up during the camp. But does crossing it mean also crossing the line defining who you are and what you're not? Pushing your boundaries sounds all such a happy, good thing. When is it not?

There was a question "What is your personal goal", and I wanted to contribute mine - "Living life without regrets". Unfortunately, I know I'm definately not the person who encompasses such a vision, at least not your model "living on the edge, living large, extreme" kinda person. At best, I would sound like a hyprocrite really.

Looking back now, even if I had a time machine, could I even bring myself to have done things differently?

TV is one of those things that is the window to another world, an alternate reality, a place of fantasy, or YOUR fantasy. That's just it though, it IS fantasy, it IS a make belief world. You watch programmes with people that have such picturesque pefect lives, and you have the euphoric "wish I was that person" feeling. But what happens is not reality I would like to believe. It's just the make belief of writers envisioning what they wish their lives could have turned out as. TV might help us envision a better lives for ourselves, but more often that not, the lives protrayed on the google box only picture perfect.

Even if I had a time machine....

Over the air: Sighs of Depression

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]