Tuesday, March 16, 2004
To boldly go where no man has gone before
It took them blodee long to notice what I've known since I was young. Yes, that Star Trek has majorly influenced today's gadgets and gizmos.
I do so miss my Motorola StarTac X. It was a classic handphone. I'm really just waiting for handphones to go retro. NO, I don't mean retro in the water bottle, brick-like motorola handphones from the 90s, but I mean the classic handphone designs that everybody loved and was so ubitious when handphones just came into being "fashionable".
Do yer guys even remember Jared's NEC handphone? Or my Philips handphone that had voice-dialing before anybody else had it (though it failed to recognize ONLY my voice). Those were the times eh?
It's St Patrick's Day tomorrow, and I have absolutely no idea what it's about except that it's about the Irish. I have some horrid green shirts, so guess I'll just put one on and...appear informed I guess? Hmm...wonder if the student's union gonna give out any freebies.
Did my bedsheets today, coz I seemed to have developed a rash. Thinking it might be because I used the sheets right out of the box without washing then first.
Being a cheep-o, I brought my sheets to school (colleges charge only $1, whilst it's $2.60/wash in my apartment), and well, since I had 4hrs to kill before a 2pm tute, might as make efficient use of my time.
Was informed that the laundry room at Cromwell College isn't locked, so went there straight after lecture. Had a hard time finding where the washing machines were, and when I did, they were all full...as in there were bundles of wet clothes everywhere from people ejecting washing clothes from the machine and putting their dirty ones in. No proper queueing system....
Didn't want to go home empty handed, and also because 1 queen-sized bedsheets, 1 single quilt cover and 4 pillow cases can be quite heavy. So I took a deep breathe, and steped into the Girl's only Grace College, and popped in on some Singaporean course mates living there, and luckily there were in. Did my sheets and I now have clean linen that smells freshly tumbled dried! I wonder if I would have proceeded to do my laundry even without the presence of the girls.....
Over the air: Rove Live's "Extrem Grant" segment, where they had a women Irish dancing (think Riverdance, NOT Ireland: Land of Lore) into a pool of guiness stout while at the same time reciting Irish limericks. Hilarious!!!!
It took them blodee long to notice what I've known since I was young. Yes, that Star Trek has majorly influenced today's gadgets and gizmos.
I do so miss my Motorola StarTac X. It was a classic handphone. I'm really just waiting for handphones to go retro. NO, I don't mean retro in the water bottle, brick-like motorola handphones from the 90s, but I mean the classic handphone designs that everybody loved and was so ubitious when handphones just came into being "fashionable".
Do yer guys even remember Jared's NEC handphone? Or my Philips handphone that had voice-dialing before anybody else had it (though it failed to recognize ONLY my voice). Those were the times eh?
It's St Patrick's Day tomorrow, and I have absolutely no idea what it's about except that it's about the Irish. I have some horrid green shirts, so guess I'll just put one on and...appear informed I guess? Hmm...wonder if the student's union gonna give out any freebies.
Did my bedsheets today, coz I seemed to have developed a rash. Thinking it might be because I used the sheets right out of the box without washing then first.
Being a cheep-o, I brought my sheets to school (colleges charge only $1, whilst it's $2.60/wash in my apartment), and well, since I had 4hrs to kill before a 2pm tute, might as make efficient use of my time.
Was informed that the laundry room at Cromwell College isn't locked, so went there straight after lecture. Had a hard time finding where the washing machines were, and when I did, they were all full...as in there were bundles of wet clothes everywhere from people ejecting washing clothes from the machine and putting their dirty ones in. No proper queueing system....
Didn't want to go home empty handed, and also because 1 queen-sized bedsheets, 1 single quilt cover and 4 pillow cases can be quite heavy. So I took a deep breathe, and steped into the Girl's only Grace College, and popped in on some Singaporean course mates living there, and luckily there were in. Did my sheets and I now have clean linen that smells freshly tumbled dried! I wonder if I would have proceeded to do my laundry even without the presence of the girls.....
Over the air: Rove Live's "Extrem Grant" segment, where they had a women Irish dancing (think Riverdance, NOT Ireland: Land of Lore) into a pool of guiness stout while at the same time reciting Irish limericks. Hilarious!!!!
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]