Sunday, April 11, 2004
Tis Great to have Friends all over the World
Here I am, shacked up in luxury over at Aaron's apartment.
He's got everything here!! Argh...I hate Brisbane and the lifestyle that is adopted there.
It's really the frugal life as a student over there, few people go overboard and load up on the lux goods like DVD home theatres (although I just got to know a neighbour whom does own one), xBox (I have one), PSOne and PS2s (know 3 neighbours whom have them). But it's the actualy catridges that are lacking at my place. I don't own any DVDs at all, I rent them. I don't own any original games at all, I...erm...."get" them from school or friends (but just got to know someone else who's not viable source of games). Eh...ok digressing, but CABLE, FOXTEL!!!! Think Will and Grace for 8hrs straight, SW:AOTC, Nickoldean, Disney, sin sin and more sin!!
Ahhhh.....$75/mth is not cheap...sigh frugal life, frugal existance..I feel like a monk...BUT a monk living in an expensive luxurious monastery trying a simple life that's immersed with temptations.
Networking is great, and I thought that I was doom to a life of solitary loneliness after all the aquaintances I know seem communicate at a different wavelength for me...well sometimes it's even in a totally different protocol altogether. Oh what to do..what to do..
The weirdest thing is that my new friends are mostly Malaysians. Way over here and I'm making friends and discussing border politics with the people across the bridge. How weird is that eh?
We (Jane's here too!!) rented Amadeus (Director's Cut) and attempted to not get bored by the biographical drama thing *yawn*. Great relavations though, and I finally know what one simpson episode's references to the movie meant.
Oh well, the other one we rented is 8 femmes. Eh...we'll see that tomorrow I guess.
Called Jonathan over in the US yesterday, and chatted loads with him. Sigh so do miss the US.
Weird thing is that I it costs me the same to call the US as to call Singapore. Just 1/2 cent per minute. The signal to US isn't that good though, but oh well, what can I say, it's dirt cheap!
What to do tomorrow, so many pple want my attention damn-it =O
Didn't bring enuff clothes for a prolonged stay, gotta buy more clothes.
But erm...didn't bring enuff clothes in the first place so that I can buy more hehehe, muaahahha.
I WANT MORE AHBENG AND FRIENDS DAMNIT!!!
Well, only because it's me birthday....
Ow, my aching head...
Over the Air: Faure - Pavane
Here I am, shacked up in luxury over at Aaron's apartment.
He's got everything here!! Argh...I hate Brisbane and the lifestyle that is adopted there.
It's really the frugal life as a student over there, few people go overboard and load up on the lux goods like DVD home theatres (although I just got to know a neighbour whom does own one), xBox (I have one), PSOne and PS2s (know 3 neighbours whom have them). But it's the actualy catridges that are lacking at my place. I don't own any DVDs at all, I rent them. I don't own any original games at all, I...erm...."get" them from school or friends (but just got to know someone else who's not viable source of games). Eh...ok digressing, but CABLE, FOXTEL!!!! Think Will and Grace for 8hrs straight, SW:AOTC, Nickoldean, Disney, sin sin and more sin!!
Ahhhh.....$75/mth is not cheap...sigh frugal life, frugal existance..I feel like a monk...BUT a monk living in an expensive luxurious monastery trying a simple life that's immersed with temptations.
Networking is great, and I thought that I was doom to a life of solitary loneliness after all the aquaintances I know seem communicate at a different wavelength for me...well sometimes it's even in a totally different protocol altogether. Oh what to do..what to do..
The weirdest thing is that my new friends are mostly Malaysians. Way over here and I'm making friends and discussing border politics with the people across the bridge. How weird is that eh?
We (Jane's here too!!) rented Amadeus (Director's Cut) and attempted to not get bored by the biographical drama thing *yawn*. Great relavations though, and I finally know what one simpson episode's references to the movie meant.
Oh well, the other one we rented is 8 femmes. Eh...we'll see that tomorrow I guess.
Called Jonathan over in the US yesterday, and chatted loads with him. Sigh so do miss the US.
Weird thing is that I it costs me the same to call the US as to call Singapore. Just 1/2 cent per minute. The signal to US isn't that good though, but oh well, what can I say, it's dirt cheap!
What to do tomorrow, so many pple want my attention damn-it =O
Didn't bring enuff clothes for a prolonged stay, gotta buy more clothes.
But erm...didn't bring enuff clothes in the first place so that I can buy more hehehe, muaahahha.
I WANT MORE AHBENG AND FRIENDS DAMNIT!!!
Well, only because it's me birthday....
Ow, my aching head...
Over the Air: Faure - Pavane
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]