Monday, April 19, 2004
University of New South Wales
On this stop of my tour of Australian universities, I sit here now at Terminal 186 of the UNSW library.
It's been a long and grueling day, and finally have had some time to explore Sydney on my own. More shopping again of course...wasn't shopping-for-myself-today actually, but ended up whipping out le ol' wallet for some Lego stuff that I had been looking for, but couldn't find back in brissie. Nevertheless, got the gifts that I was looking for. Yenny was kind enough to point me straight to the shop actually, but being me, I had to literally shop around for the cheapest, though in my 1 and a half hour of shopping, was unable to find another shop that sold bears/cards/gifts....
Later walked along the pier of Foxtel. It was a nice experience, just walking down a quiet dimly lit stretch, hearing the waves crashing onto the wharf. Then me stupid mind went thinking about 1000 leagues under the sea giant squids popping up to grab me under the dark waters, or Jaws suddenly muching up the concrete land in front of me, ready to turn me srawny body into fish bait.
Steadied my nerves though, and took lotsa pictures of the Sydney habour at night, and of Star city and the million-dollar yachts berthed alongside.
Chanced upon a film crew shooting something on a yacht. Couldn't recognize the actors at all, but it was interesting to see how they film it all, the camera boom thing, director giving directions, actors and actresses sauntering around, other crew members lounging around on director-charis. The whole hollywood bit coming alive in front of me!
My back aches now, coz I've been lugging almost half my luggage around in my crumpler bag. Amazingly, the bag can contain it all, but the strap system does little at distributing the weight nicely =(
Yenny remarked how thin my T40 looks. Ahhhh...another fan of my laptop. Some people adorn their laptops with stickers and decals, but I think that's like somebody tatooing/multilating their bodies. I'm reminded of the show Hacker, where all the laptops used were spray painted and customized such that they look quite unlike anything that resembles a portable computer really, that's quite overboard I must say, but I liked the idea of reomoving the letters on my keyboard to make it look completely faceless. That's cool I must say....hmm..whetehr I'll do that though?
Ok gotta break to do din din now!
Oer the Air: Loudest clicks of a keyboard I've heard so far. Must be cheap =P
On this stop of my tour of Australian universities, I sit here now at Terminal 186 of the UNSW library.
It's been a long and grueling day, and finally have had some time to explore Sydney on my own. More shopping again of course...wasn't shopping-for-myself-today actually, but ended up whipping out le ol' wallet for some Lego stuff that I had been looking for, but couldn't find back in brissie. Nevertheless, got the gifts that I was looking for. Yenny was kind enough to point me straight to the shop actually, but being me, I had to literally shop around for the cheapest, though in my 1 and a half hour of shopping, was unable to find another shop that sold bears/cards/gifts....
Later walked along the pier of Foxtel. It was a nice experience, just walking down a quiet dimly lit stretch, hearing the waves crashing onto the wharf. Then me stupid mind went thinking about 1000 leagues under the sea giant squids popping up to grab me under the dark waters, or Jaws suddenly muching up the concrete land in front of me, ready to turn me srawny body into fish bait.
Steadied my nerves though, and took lotsa pictures of the Sydney habour at night, and of Star city and the million-dollar yachts berthed alongside.
Chanced upon a film crew shooting something on a yacht. Couldn't recognize the actors at all, but it was interesting to see how they film it all, the camera boom thing, director giving directions, actors and actresses sauntering around, other crew members lounging around on director-charis. The whole hollywood bit coming alive in front of me!
My back aches now, coz I've been lugging almost half my luggage around in my crumpler bag. Amazingly, the bag can contain it all, but the strap system does little at distributing the weight nicely =(
Yenny remarked how thin my T40 looks. Ahhhh...another fan of my laptop. Some people adorn their laptops with stickers and decals, but I think that's like somebody tatooing/multilating their bodies. I'm reminded of the show Hacker, where all the laptops used were spray painted and customized such that they look quite unlike anything that resembles a portable computer really, that's quite overboard I must say, but I liked the idea of reomoving the letters on my keyboard to make it look completely faceless. That's cool I must say....hmm..whetehr I'll do that though?
Ok gotta break to do din din now!
Oer the Air: Loudest clicks of a keyboard I've heard so far. Must be cheap =P
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]