Thursday, June 10, 2004
I solemnly swear I'm up to no good.
[Spoilor FREE]
We went to see Harry Porter 3: The Prisoner of Azkaban today, and I came out of it having the impression that the movie's matured. To the point that Hermione could get away with showing some flesh...though I wonder if any flesh at all is 'G' rated...
It was still a wonderful movie though, with an even more excellent soundtrack, abit better acting, and of course...more secrets revealed.
I wonder though if it's because we're not used to characters of science-fiction under-18 kindof shows growing up, ala from your Bug Bunny to Simpsons, or your Days of your Lives to This is your Life shows....well in the latter, they never grow up, they seem to change faces...erm...or for that matter a under-18 show.
What did I like about this installment?
Well, that it had a happy ending, better "grown-up" kind scenes starting with the revenge on the rich brat fight to the slautering of a hippogriffs (did Chocobus come first?), affection between 2 main characters, mischeif, revenge, and of cause, Jennifer Saunders playing a small cameo role. Oh yeah, I left out the twist (no not the cone-of-death like tree) at the end didn't I?
Anyway, one of the best effects I feel, is the animated pictures that the newspapers in the show had, oh and the flying scene was pretty nice, story is still quite intrigueing....
So Harry Porter's all grown up now, and is it time for me to own one of J K Rowning's books? Well....if she doesn't churn out anymore, or sell any more film rights, I guess so?
Hmm...even the posters seem to scream "Charmed Junior". Can just imagine the next film, where Harry, Hermione and Ron join hands and chant "The power of 3 will set us free, the power of 3 will set is free...." [cue Charmed intro song "I am the wind, I am the sun..."]
I have though, myself been up to no good....with only 8 more days remaining till my first paper, I really should be studying definitely, but here I am, entertaining requests to go watch movies, for post-FYP celebration lunches and teas and LAN gaming sessions. Are we all so desperate and sad that since we’re all graduating at the end of the semester, it might be the last time we’d be seeing each other, even though we happen to live in an island much smaller than Queensland herself?
Suffice to say, I think I’d better make this the last straw, no more partying, no more watching the back log of movies and animes, no more visits to neighbours and staying till late for nice chats and awesome soups.
Must my social life wind down in order for my academic life to wind up?
How I wish, I could have been enrolled in Hogwart’s School for Wizards and Witches instead, conjuring up spells and incantations, cooking up potions and hexes in a cauldron and the defence against the dark arts aka the fear within oneself.
Could defeating evil be as easy as welling up the happiest brightest moment of your life from within, and proclaiming loudly with a twig in hand, officially, "Expecto Patronum" which I swear sounds more like “Expectorate Petroleum”. I mean geez, where do these apparently creative script writers cook up all these incantations, from “Witchery for dummies”?
But then, that would all involve living a life of fantasy wouldn't it?
Oh yeah, did they steal a scene from Princess Mononoke?
Hmmm….I suppose the band rehersals should stop too I guess, this had gotta be the last I hope =P
Mischief Managed (well, I guess if it's for food, I can make the exception =P)
Over the Air: Schezo, Symphony No.9 (Beethoven)
We went to see Harry Porter 3: The Prisoner of Azkaban today, and I came out of it having the impression that the movie's matured. To the point that Hermione could get away with showing some flesh...though I wonder if any flesh at all is 'G' rated...
It was still a wonderful movie though, with an even more excellent soundtrack, abit better acting, and of course...more secrets revealed.
I wonder though if it's because we're not used to characters of science-fiction under-18 kindof shows growing up, ala from your Bug Bunny to Simpsons, or your Days of your Lives to This is your Life shows....well in the latter, they never grow up, they seem to change faces...erm...or for that matter a under-18 show.
What did I like about this installment?
Well, that it had a happy ending, better "grown-up" kind scenes starting with the revenge on the rich brat fight to the slautering of a hippogriffs (did Chocobus come first?), affection between 2 main characters, mischeif, revenge, and of cause, Jennifer Saunders playing a small cameo role. Oh yeah, I left out the twist (no not the cone-of-death like tree) at the end didn't I?
Anyway, one of the best effects I feel, is the animated pictures that the newspapers in the show had, oh and the flying scene was pretty nice, story is still quite intrigueing....
So Harry Porter's all grown up now, and is it time for me to own one of J K Rowning's books? Well....if she doesn't churn out anymore, or sell any more film rights, I guess so?
Hmm...even the posters seem to scream "Charmed Junior". Can just imagine the next film, where Harry, Hermione and Ron join hands and chant "The power of 3 will set us free, the power of 3 will set is free...." [cue Charmed intro song "I am the wind, I am the sun..."]
I have though, myself been up to no good....with only 8 more days remaining till my first paper, I really should be studying definitely, but here I am, entertaining requests to go watch movies, for post-FYP celebration lunches and teas and LAN gaming sessions. Are we all so desperate and sad that since we’re all graduating at the end of the semester, it might be the last time we’d be seeing each other, even though we happen to live in an island much smaller than Queensland herself?
Suffice to say, I think I’d better make this the last straw, no more partying, no more watching the back log of movies and animes, no more visits to neighbours and staying till late for nice chats and awesome soups.
Must my social life wind down in order for my academic life to wind up?
How I wish, I could have been enrolled in Hogwart’s School for Wizards and Witches instead, conjuring up spells and incantations, cooking up potions and hexes in a cauldron and the defence against the dark arts aka the fear within oneself.
Could defeating evil be as easy as welling up the happiest brightest moment of your life from within, and proclaiming loudly with a twig in hand, officially, "Expecto Patronum" which I swear sounds more like “Expectorate Petroleum”. I mean geez, where do these apparently creative script writers cook up all these incantations, from “Witchery for dummies”?
But then, that would all involve living a life of fantasy wouldn't it?
Oh yeah, did they steal a scene from Princess Mononoke?
Hmmm….I suppose the band rehersals should stop too I guess, this had gotta be the last I hope =P
Mischief Managed (well, I guess if it's for food, I can make the exception =P)
Over the Air: Schezo, Symphony No.9 (Beethoven)
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]

