Sunday, June 06, 2004
The Life of a Borg
Dinner was rather enjoyable apart from me choking whilst frying the chicken.
Decided to experiment abit, and marinated the chicken strips in chilli and soya sauce (it came with my fried rice in those small disposable plastc cups) and a dash of black pepper.
Left it to marinate for abit, and then fried it with garlic.
The chilli didn't seem to have been absorbed by the chicken, instead, it seemed to have warfted all over the room, and up my nose, I started to tear and choke and all that....had to turn on the fan.
My Bak Choy (Xiao(2) Bai(3) Chai(4)) with mushrooms simmered with oyster sauce turned out great as usual =P
Well, it was to say the least, an interesting experiment.....
Yesterday was a friend's birthday, and so we all went to a Chinese buffet restaurant that I had spotted after taking the wrong bus, and ending up in some small suburbian town.
$15 for all-you-can-eat Chinese....which just consisted of your usual Honey Chicken, Lemon Chicken, Mongolian Beef, Chicken in rice wine, Singaporean Noodles, Fried Rice and your usual suspects of Fried Dim Sum, Prawn Crackers, Fish and Chips.
The waitress ended up coming over and asking "Are you guys from Singapore? I can recognize the accent". Ahuh...yeps, seems she migrated here and has been living here for 16 years. She gave us complimentary drinks too, although I was too full after loading up on the Chinese Tea. It was such a treat to meet a fellow country(wo)man on foreign land. Did the usual musings about Singapore, and how much it's change since she was last there...blah blah blah. Didn't wanna go down that road though, coz I'd probably have ended up bashing Singapore, although I already came close by mentioning with distress "I've still got to serve army...."
An old neighbour from last sem was also there, and we remarked how much we miss calling each other to talk the night away (it's free calls within the PABXed up apartments). So we used the opportunity to catch up quite abit. Sigh, come to think of it, it's not that we still can't call each other, just that we're so stingy, a call to each other is onli $0.21 unlimited....
It made me realise why I'm so depressed this semester...I don't have a woman to talk over the phone to! The next nearest is Liza, whom I call only once a month. I need a woman to talk to! Sigh....what is it with me and woman....once they get attached, they never call anymore =( Even old joshy doesn't cheer me up anymore!!
A borg is a self-sufficient unit with these sorta telepathic connections to the hive. You're bombarded with their thoughts 24-7, and vice-versa, your thoughts are also broadcasted to the entire community. I want to be a borg...at least I'll be detached from emotions I think....and probably not be as sexually fustrated....
Oh well, back to the assignment...
Over the Air: Josh Groban's 1st and best Album
Decided to experiment abit, and marinated the chicken strips in chilli and soya sauce (it came with my fried rice in those small disposable plastc cups) and a dash of black pepper.
Left it to marinate for abit, and then fried it with garlic.
The chilli didn't seem to have been absorbed by the chicken, instead, it seemed to have warfted all over the room, and up my nose, I started to tear and choke and all that....had to turn on the fan.
My Bak Choy (Xiao(2) Bai(3) Chai(4)) with mushrooms simmered with oyster sauce turned out great as usual =P
Well, it was to say the least, an interesting experiment.....
Yesterday was a friend's birthday, and so we all went to a Chinese buffet restaurant that I had spotted after taking the wrong bus, and ending up in some small suburbian town.
$15 for all-you-can-eat Chinese....which just consisted of your usual Honey Chicken, Lemon Chicken, Mongolian Beef, Chicken in rice wine, Singaporean Noodles, Fried Rice and your usual suspects of Fried Dim Sum, Prawn Crackers, Fish and Chips.
The waitress ended up coming over and asking "Are you guys from Singapore? I can recognize the accent". Ahuh...yeps, seems she migrated here and has been living here for 16 years. She gave us complimentary drinks too, although I was too full after loading up on the Chinese Tea. It was such a treat to meet a fellow country(wo)man on foreign land. Did the usual musings about Singapore, and how much it's change since she was last there...blah blah blah. Didn't wanna go down that road though, coz I'd probably have ended up bashing Singapore, although I already came close by mentioning with distress "I've still got to serve army...."
An old neighbour from last sem was also there, and we remarked how much we miss calling each other to talk the night away (it's free calls within the PABXed up apartments). So we used the opportunity to catch up quite abit. Sigh, come to think of it, it's not that we still can't call each other, just that we're so stingy, a call to each other is onli $0.21 unlimited....
It made me realise why I'm so depressed this semester...I don't have a woman to talk over the phone to! The next nearest is Liza, whom I call only once a month. I need a woman to talk to! Sigh....what is it with me and woman....once they get attached, they never call anymore =( Even old joshy doesn't cheer me up anymore!!
A borg is a self-sufficient unit with these sorta telepathic connections to the hive. You're bombarded with their thoughts 24-7, and vice-versa, your thoughts are also broadcasted to the entire community. I want to be a borg...at least I'll be detached from emotions I think....and probably not be as sexually fustrated....
Oh well, back to the assignment...
Over the Air: Josh Groban's 1st and best Album
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]