Thursday, June 03, 2004
The Wheels are Turning
Exams are in 3 weeks time and I'm proud to announce that my revisions have started a unprecedented yesterday.
Can't believe I've started revisions so early, especially when I've still got one more assignment due Monday. I guess I'm kinda relaxed about it, since it's an essay, and I know the subject's all about fluffing, since the textbook itself (which was published by the lecturer himself) is just so thick with the bullshit of categorising, how to use a search engines, and why the internet is getting dense (can anyone say DUH?!).
I should be more worried though, just because it's an essay instead of the usual programming assignments. I mean with programming assignments, I can probably finish them within a day or two (provided they're not in C!!!, erm...although the last C one, I did finish in a day), but with essays, I probably do need to read the damn text, highlight at least 20 key terms to use as required, and try to fit them into the assignment.
The assignment's themed around use of critical concepts (hence the 20 key terms), and you've either got to come up with a categorisation system or comment on one. Haven't decided what to do yet, though a friend did suggest that I categorise musical instruments after she was bewildered that there was so many different kinds when she attended my band concert. But ....well not a good idea. Hmm...but looking how the lecturer seems to be obsessed with african drumming....oh should've invited him to the concert since we had a percussion ensemble that featured african drumming. Oh well, anyways...gotta go bang around the noggin a bit.
Study study study, can't believe there's so much to read, and I'm already starting earlier than I did last semester...erm.. and I'm doing less than I did last semester. I guess it could be that my dad and bro are coming to visit in between my 2 papers, so I really gotta settle my last paper before they arrive I guess...and the last paper happens to be my pet paper too! So ...really gotta do well on that one! So yes...gotta study, got to catch them all!
Just reformated my computer, after a virus and some quick fix/stop-gap measure seemed to have screwed up my whole windows, so here I am in the labs, downloading some patches, while the lappy is in the next door lab, grabbing files from the internet too. Risky...but oh well, there are cameras all over the labs anyway, just gotta pray that...no theft occurs.
Argh, damn the internet connection of our school...so God damn slow!!!!!!
Not only is it slow, they're soooo stingy about people downloading stuff "international traffic costs the school MONEY", that they didn't even allow me to download ICQ from a local mirror in Australia. BAH....I'm an internatioonal student gawdamnit!!!
Oh well, back to staring at the download counter...hmm...oh yeah, will get some studying done in the meantime I guess!
Can't believe I've started revisions so early, especially when I've still got one more assignment due Monday. I guess I'm kinda relaxed about it, since it's an essay, and I know the subject's all about fluffing, since the textbook itself (which was published by the lecturer himself) is just so thick with the bullshit of categorising, how to use a search engines, and why the internet is getting dense (can anyone say DUH?!).
I should be more worried though, just because it's an essay instead of the usual programming assignments. I mean with programming assignments, I can probably finish them within a day or two (provided they're not in C!!!, erm...although the last C one, I did finish in a day), but with essays, I probably do need to read the damn text, highlight at least 20 key terms to use as required, and try to fit them into the assignment.
The assignment's themed around use of critical concepts (hence the 20 key terms), and you've either got to come up with a categorisation system or comment on one. Haven't decided what to do yet, though a friend did suggest that I categorise musical instruments after she was bewildered that there was so many different kinds when she attended my band concert. But ....well not a good idea. Hmm...but looking how the lecturer seems to be obsessed with african drumming....oh should've invited him to the concert since we had a percussion ensemble that featured african drumming. Oh well, anyways...gotta go bang around the noggin a bit.
Study study study, can't believe there's so much to read, and I'm already starting earlier than I did last semester...erm.. and I'm doing less than I did last semester. I guess it could be that my dad and bro are coming to visit in between my 2 papers, so I really gotta settle my last paper before they arrive I guess...and the last paper happens to be my pet paper too! So ...really gotta do well on that one! So yes...gotta study, got to catch them all!
Just reformated my computer, after a virus and some quick fix/stop-gap measure seemed to have screwed up my whole windows, so here I am in the labs, downloading some patches, while the lappy is in the next door lab, grabbing files from the internet too. Risky...but oh well, there are cameras all over the labs anyway, just gotta pray that...no theft occurs.
Argh, damn the internet connection of our school...so God damn slow!!!!!!
Not only is it slow, they're soooo stingy about people downloading stuff "international traffic costs the school MONEY", that they didn't even allow me to download ICQ from a local mirror in Australia. BAH....I'm an internatioonal student gawdamnit!!!
Oh well, back to staring at the download counter...hmm...oh yeah, will get some studying done in the meantime I guess!
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]