Sunday, November 21, 2004
The Labs are Closed!
It took me some time, but I managed to figure out the cryptic table and discern that the labs were not open today. Saved me a trip down to campus it did. Oh well...
Anywho, just finished watching probably the worst show ever made, Napolean Dynamite.
Just 20 minutes into the show, I felt like vomitting and kept wishing for the show to end or for all life on earth to disinigrate in one thermo-nuclear explosion(whicever comes first).
This however, might be the reason why people have actually paid to watch this, as written in it's IMDB entry was -
What was Fox thinking?! Watever possessed me to torture myself and not end the misery right there and then? Well, only because I had spent part of my 24 Gb quota bootlegging it and felt that I somehow had to give the film a chance continued to glue my eyes open in hope of receving an epiphany somehow or another.
Which is why, here I am now, in front of the computer, blasting away Rhapsodie Sur un theme de Paganini with the bass turned way way up. In a hope that his soothing melodies would unravel the strands and synapses of my brain that hold the memories of the horrible film. Oh yeah, and also, die neighbours, die!
Well actually I'm doing this only because while I was washing the dishes, I smiled inadvertently at this woman on one of the balconies of the hotel. The woman smiled back at me, and this totally indecorous flirtatious exchange continued the two, three times I looked up from the sink. The woman wasn't pretty, and she was in some sort of 60s era batik pajamas.
What I was thinking?! I blame it on the adverse effect one experiences after watching 82 mins of totally boring, inane out-of-this-world acting by hideous characters from the bottomless pits of hell kinda films.
They really should shoot the director or at least burn all copies of the film NOW.
On (literally) another note, Rachmaninov sounds so much better when you're blasting it with the bass turned all the way up!
Damnitz, a concert [A Night Of Rhapsody with the Sydney Symphony] that I'd love to goto and I have to be back in Singapore already!
Complete Symphonies & Orchestral Works
Radio Filharmonisch Orkest Holland
Edo de Waart
Exton OVCL-00156
Eh...supposedly this CD is only available from Japan?
HMV.co.jp - http://www.hmv.co.jp/product/detail.asp?sku=1838464
Octavia.co.jp - http://www.phileweb.com/shop/octavia/2004-07/ovcl-00156.html
Blasting Over the Air: Rhapsody on a Theme from Paganini - Rachmaninoff
Anywho, just finished watching probably the worst show ever made, Napolean Dynamite.
Just 20 minutes into the show, I felt like vomitting and kept wishing for the show to end or for all life on earth to disinigrate in one thermo-nuclear explosion(whicever comes first).
This however, might be the reason why people have actually paid to watch this, as written in it's IMDB entry was -
Due to the film's surprise success at festivals and at the major city box offices, Fox Searchlight is going to re-release the film with nationwide distribution and add a 5 minute epilogue at the end of the film. This epilogue, which was filmed after the initial theatrical run, apparently features a surprise "wedding scene". And cost about half of what the entire feature cost to make.
What was Fox thinking?! Watever possessed me to torture myself and not end the misery right there and then? Well, only because I had spent part of my 24 Gb quota bootlegging it and felt that I somehow had to give the film a chance continued to glue my eyes open in hope of receving an epiphany somehow or another.
Which is why, here I am now, in front of the computer, blasting away Rhapsodie Sur un theme de Paganini with the bass turned way way up. In a hope that his soothing melodies would unravel the strands and synapses of my brain that hold the memories of the horrible film. Oh yeah, and also, die neighbours, die!
Well actually I'm doing this only because while I was washing the dishes, I smiled inadvertently at this woman on one of the balconies of the hotel. The woman smiled back at me, and this totally indecorous flirtatious exchange continued the two, three times I looked up from the sink. The woman wasn't pretty, and she was in some sort of 60s era batik pajamas.
What I was thinking?! I blame it on the adverse effect one experiences after watching 82 mins of totally boring, inane out-of-this-world acting by hideous characters from the bottomless pits of hell kinda films.
They really should shoot the director or at least burn all copies of the film NOW.
On (literally) another note, Rachmaninov sounds so much better when you're blasting it with the bass turned all the way up!
Damnitz, a concert [A Night Of Rhapsody with the Sydney Symphony] that I'd love to goto and I have to be back in Singapore already!
Complete Symphonies & Orchestral Works
Radio Filharmonisch Orkest Holland
Edo de Waart
Exton OVCL-00156
Eh...supposedly this CD is only available from Japan?
HMV.co.jp - http://www.hmv.co.jp/product/detail.asp?sku=1838464
Octavia.co.jp - http://www.phileweb.com/shop/octavia/2004-07/ovcl-00156.html
Blasting Over the Air: Rhapsody on a Theme from Paganini - Rachmaninoff
Comments:
<< Home
lulu:You do realise that edo de waart was sydney symphony's music director for the last ten years right? he left last year and will be the Hongkong Phil's music director for the next 10....well then again if he lives that long...hes already almost 60 and hes got single digit kids.....scary!
Oppps! Hehehe, well just chanced upon the review thats all.
That means the piano concert's gonne be great! N we're gonna miss it! =(
Post a Comment
That means the piano concert's gonne be great! N we're gonna miss it! =(
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]

