Monday, December 13, 2004

I've become God's 2nd Biggest Mistake

Went to the Gym with Jeffrey today and got dragged along to his Step Moves Intermediate-Advance class.

Yes, what was I, the total Geek doing in a Gym you ask? Well, erm...you see, I'm getting fat. No, dun give me that increadoulous look, I AM fat, I've got bloodee love handles now. Argh!!!!!

So anyway, there I was, doing the dance aerobics (seems they call it 'Step Moves' over in California Fitness land) thing with the step board. First half an hour was actually fun, kinda like choreographed dancing that you see in those silly 80s MTVs.

Surprisingly, for a dance aerobics class, you'd expect it to be filled with tittering middle-aged housewives or power-suit women. It instead seemed to be made up largely of young adults.... like me! (Yes, as you can see, I'm still in denial)

It was after the first 30min break that everything went haywire.

Instructor: Turn-around, Over the board, lunge, star, Turn-around *WTF*

At the next break, I was still pretty confident of myself, coz it seemed that I wasn't the only person that apparently dove past the beginner classes into the intermediate one. To my left was this guy who most of the time was just trying to ...master the steps. To my right was this early 30s woman whom everytime I managed to glance in her direction during the star seemed to be stuck in a perpetual spin-around step mode. She was just twirling around so that her pig-tails could fly I think.

Anyways, somewhere after the third break, the guy on my left gave up. Not to be outdone, I decided to make my own hasty exit to avoid any embarrasments and to save the instructor any more of his "Keep up!" lines.

I feel...somehow satisfied though. I'm at least making some effort to look fit?

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]