Monday, December 20, 2004
Sins of the Brother
Did something increadibly stupid today...
Accompanied me brother to ITE so that I could help him make a decision with his traineeship application.
Ended up going throught the whole process with him, including taking an assessment test as well as an interview. Came out of it feeling so damn embarassed and ...scummy!
Thing is that it was quite a nice experience doing the MCQ test, even rebuking some of the questions. Even though I was confident that I'd be able to sail through the interview technically wise, I found that I had to lie about why the hell I was applying for an ITE apprenticeship when I already had a degree.
See, I made the mistake of putting my real IC number on the forms, and so the first question that the interviewer asked was "79? How old are you?".....
Great, I had to say that i was 25, that I failed poly and then took 3 years galivanting around the world.
Sailed through the technical questions though they weren't hard since the apprenticeship was for future HP computer technicians.
Should have anticipated the usual "Who you are, what have you been doing, what kind of person are you" kinda questions.
Oh well lessons to be learnt for my next interview I guess.
Hopefully, it'd actually be for a proper job...
Accompanied me brother to ITE so that I could help him make a decision with his traineeship application.
Ended up going throught the whole process with him, including taking an assessment test as well as an interview. Came out of it feeling so damn embarassed and ...scummy!
Thing is that it was quite a nice experience doing the MCQ test, even rebuking some of the questions. Even though I was confident that I'd be able to sail through the interview technically wise, I found that I had to lie about why the hell I was applying for an ITE apprenticeship when I already had a degree.
See, I made the mistake of putting my real IC number on the forms, and so the first question that the interviewer asked was "79? How old are you?".....
Great, I had to say that i was 25, that I failed poly and then took 3 years galivanting around the world.
Sailed through the technical questions though they weren't hard since the apprenticeship was for future HP computer technicians.
Should have anticipated the usual "Who you are, what have you been doing, what kind of person are you" kinda questions.
Oh well lessons to be learnt for my next interview I guess.
Hopefully, it'd actually be for a proper job...
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]