Saturday, January 01, 2005
Two Thousand and Four, POST
It is most remarkable that this year, for a change, the days leading up to 2005 did not pass with me wallowing in self-pity over the life that I had lead the past 365 days. I simply did not have time to sit down to reflect over the arduous points of my life and the many days that were passed indulging in sinful bumming. I simply did not have time to look back and play the what-ifs -
What if I had studied harder?
What if I had stayed on in Brissie?
What if I had gotten attached?
What if I had not spiralled into depression?
What if I were rich.....
Life as it is now, is certainly not picture perfect. I feel at times that I'm losing total control, and at other times, just feel awashed in blisful peace...well or I'm zoning out whichever way you're willing to look at it.
One thing's for sure, is that I'm thankful still for the life that I have, especially in light of all the recent tsunami disaster.
I thank God for yet another year that my dad's with us, for yet another year of love, friendship and camaraderie.
No new year resolutions yet, but I do pray for another year that I have with my dad and brother, for good health and lastly, for me to find peace within myself.
Over the Air: Piano Concerto No. 3 Mvt 1 - Rachmaninov
PS. Oh well, know I had to eventuallu, but I guess I did some reviewing and wallowing just now. Guess I was just setting myself up with my favourite introspective music and by sitting in front of the lappy blogging away....
What if I had studied harder?
What if I had stayed on in Brissie?
What if I had gotten attached?
What if I had not spiralled into depression?
What if I were rich.....
Life as it is now, is certainly not picture perfect. I feel at times that I'm losing total control, and at other times, just feel awashed in blisful peace...well or I'm zoning out whichever way you're willing to look at it.
One thing's for sure, is that I'm thankful still for the life that I have, especially in light of all the recent tsunami disaster.
I thank God for yet another year that my dad's with us, for yet another year of love, friendship and camaraderie.
No new year resolutions yet, but I do pray for another year that I have with my dad and brother, for good health and lastly, for me to find peace within myself.
Over the Air: Piano Concerto No. 3 Mvt 1 - Rachmaninov
PS. Oh well, know I had to eventuallu, but I guess I did some reviewing and wallowing just now. Guess I was just setting myself up with my favourite introspective music and by sitting in front of the lappy blogging away....
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]