Thursday, February 24, 2005
Battlestar Galactica
Ah, farmiliar as old underwear, the main title of the Battlestar Galactica plays in my head. However, the new rehash of the same 50s series carries a new tune.
With that new tune, brings better graphics and I do believe better screenplay. Well, actually I never really watched the old series but a few glimpses, so I don't have much to say about that really. Just that the new episodes, are pertty nice, captivating and interesting. The plot is old, and actually rings of Dune, and I don't know whether it can hold a candle to the other newer, "updated" concept shows, like Star Trek, Star Wars what with huge ship-like doors and retracting fighter pods and vulcan guns instead of phasers and light sabres.
Still, it's like re-connecting to such classics like War of the Worlds, Doctor Who or ST:TOS. Simply retro man, bring out the LPs? Anyway, the pilot of Battlestar Galactica certainly looks promising. But from scifi.com, I have a feeling they kinda entirely dis-regarded what went on in the original series?
Meanwhile, Earth is a legend? Foo-pah I say, so say we all...
With that new tune, brings better graphics and I do believe better screenplay. Well, actually I never really watched the old series but a few glimpses, so I don't have much to say about that really. Just that the new episodes, are pertty nice, captivating and interesting. The plot is old, and actually rings of Dune, and I don't know whether it can hold a candle to the other newer, "updated" concept shows, like Star Trek, Star Wars what with huge ship-like doors and retracting fighter pods and vulcan guns instead of phasers and light sabres.
Still, it's like re-connecting to such classics like War of the Worlds, Doctor Who or ST:TOS. Simply retro man, bring out the LPs? Anyway, the pilot of Battlestar Galactica certainly looks promising. But from scifi.com, I have a feeling they kinda entirely dis-regarded what went on in the original series?
Meanwhile, Earth is a legend? Foo-pah I say, so say we all...
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]