Saturday, February 19, 2005

The Heartless Romantic

Just got through watching 4 wedding and a funeral.
Can't be bothered ot go through my blog, but I do believe that I've commented on this show before.

Well firstly, what came to mind was, "Ok, it's that sobby show for romantics and lovers", but at the ending, it's exactly what the Christian community opposes. Charles, asking his true love, Carrie, to NOT marry him, threatens the very sanctity of the Christian chapter - marriage, and cummination of life on earth as it is.

So, it aint exactly what every heartless romantic wants, but it's the journey that's the most touching, with the slightly twisted goal at the end. Well, twisted to some folks, and just right for some people I know actually...but that's a whole totally different story altogether now aint it?

The movie also reminded me of how I spend Valentine's day. It was spent with close friends, at a fare-ly-well party for me, and then a movie. We've done it once, we've done it twice, we've had dinners countless times on valentines day. Why was this one any different you ask? Well, just because there seems to be lots more love in the air than at our usual, bachelor cum bacherlorete gatherings. They should really make a reality show out of our lives, we'll call it, "The Singaporean Bride - Myth of Fiction"

Who's insane sadistic idea was it to hold dinner on valentines day anyways? What with every restaurant we went to catering "Dinner for 2" menus and the maitre'd along with all the other partons waiting to be seated at Cystal Jade Xiao Long Bao gave me the evil eye when I went "Table for 10". Even at the blodee theatre, just about everybody else were in pairs...

But what is Valentines day anyway? I read on some newspapers the very day, that some islamic representatives were cautioning people not to celebrate the Christian St. Valentine's day as it would lead to promiscuity and most indecent behaviour. Hmmm...I doubt if anybody wanted to make whoppee, that a single day geared towards lovers could have stopped any raging hormones.

Anyways, I pity those that reval in this day, made up by flora and greeting card companies to boost profits, then agian, we singles have every other day to celebrate. =P

Lemming,
the absolutely heartless romantic

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]