Monday, March 07, 2005

In Computer Science...

Got my CT scan done today, it wasn't as scary as I though it would be. It wasn't like those that you see on telly where the rooms are darkened and inpersonal. The room housing the GE Lightspeed Ultra was very big, and housed the donut shaped machine with a gourney going through it. Come to think of it, I think the only reason why the room was so big, is so that patients feel at ease and not caustrophobic when going through the scan.

So after lying "very still" for about ten minutes, and wondering if the radiologist had asked me to keep my eyes closed throughout the spin cycle (you can see the inner ring spinning & lasers shoot out from the machine to automatically position you). I was done...well I had to wait another ten minutes to see if they needed to inject the iodine dye for better contrast. 1 and a half hours, one visit to the bank, another to my the real estate office and a $7.20 of prawn wanton noodle soup later, I had the scans with me. Can't open it though, coz it's for "doctor's eyes only". Will know on wed when I see the old doc!

I leave you with 2 quotes from what's turning out to be my pet subject this semester...
"This is very important...and very boring"
"In computer science, trees grow down, not up"

Oh, and my aussie accent is impoving! No...not the redneck outback one!

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]