Wednesday, September 21, 2005
As the soul panteth for the water
It's been a long time, and it's a good thing, since I seem to blog the most when I'm feeling down. Keyword there - 'seem'.
We had a brainstorming session today to come up with ideas for what kind of stationary and supplies that we want to buy for department to use for marketing purposes.
I seem to be sprouting most of the ideas, though many people seem to think that the majority of them were silly. Speaks lots though when later, MY suggestions were taken up...
Anyway, some collegues suggested that I work in advertising, since I'm always full of ideas. Hmm, interesting observation really, when the majority of them think I'm weird, full of stupid ideas and a confouling personality.
Of course, this lends little credence to my personality, since everybody thinks everybody is weird in the office...must be the air or something.
I do believe however, that I make a great study for any pscyhologist! I do admit I need help, the irony is that the office stocks not one, but THREE psychologists! Is it irony then?
It's weird that I believe I suffer from slight social phobia (read, yet at work, I can do all crazy and loud and vocal and stuff. What's even funnier, is that I actually enjoy going to work, and interacting with my peers.
[Update]
Was chatting with one of my collegues about the office environment and I learnt something about myself. It's my theory that I have an abstraction layer, a so called interface between my inner being and feelings, with the outer world and people.
Like any abstraction, the outside cannot see the inside, except through certain interfaces. It's just that my interface is ...somewhat unconventional, and mostly incompatible with the ...erm... mainstream of people I guess.
Hmmm...what does it mean for me though?
We had a brainstorming session today to come up with ideas for what kind of stationary and supplies that we want to buy for department to use for marketing purposes.
I seem to be sprouting most of the ideas, though many people seem to think that the majority of them were silly. Speaks lots though when later, MY suggestions were taken up...
Anyway, some collegues suggested that I work in advertising, since I'm always full of ideas. Hmm, interesting observation really, when the majority of them think I'm weird, full of stupid ideas and a confouling personality.
Of course, this lends little credence to my personality, since everybody thinks everybody is weird in the office...must be the air or something.
I do believe however, that I make a great study for any pscyhologist! I do admit I need help, the irony is that the office stocks not one, but THREE psychologists! Is it irony then?
It's weird that I believe I suffer from slight social phobia (read, yet at work, I can do all crazy and loud and vocal and stuff. What's even funnier, is that I actually enjoy going to work, and interacting with my peers.
[Update]
Was chatting with one of my collegues about the office environment and I learnt something about myself. It's my theory that I have an abstraction layer, a so called interface between my inner being and feelings, with the outer world and people.
Like any abstraction, the outside cannot see the inside, except through certain interfaces. It's just that my interface is ...somewhat unconventional, and mostly incompatible with the ...erm... mainstream of people I guess.
Hmmm...what does it mean for me though?
Comments:
<< Home
Celebrate who you are & have no qualms about it. Let's see, you're positive, creative & introverted (to an extent).
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]
