Tuesday, January 17, 2006
There's a kind of Hush...
"Congratulations on your last day of servitude"
"How does it feel this being your last day"
"You must be very happy"
These were just some of the messages I received but the thing was that even though today was the my last working day, I didn't feel elated or sad or relieved...I felt even more stress. I felt guity leaving the office when they sorely needed the manpower, I knew that I could do more to help my collegues and my immediate boss whom I think the epitome of the ethos "Care for Soldiers". So many projects that I wanted to start to improve things and some projects which I hadn't had time to complete...
Cynical and Pessimistic....but cute
These seem to be the 2 top most adjectives used to describe me as a collegue and I must say that I am somewhat shocked and surprised. I'd always pictured myself to be the happy-go-lucky blur care-free larrikin of the bunch of NSFs/Disruptees. The cute part? I think they were trying to soften the blow or something...bah!
"Are you suffering from depression?"
This was another stunner when the person whom dragged me out to help me make the best of this "celebratory" day popped the question onto me. I guess it's because I felt indifferent to the whole "festivity" mood and season as he called it and that I lack the elation due to a person in my position...
Oh well, looking back now and blogging about today, I must say that things are starting to look good!
The best is yet to be!
"How does it feel this being your last day"
"You must be very happy"
These were just some of the messages I received but the thing was that even though today was the my last working day, I didn't feel elated or sad or relieved...I felt even more stress. I felt guity leaving the office when they sorely needed the manpower, I knew that I could do more to help my collegues and my immediate boss whom I think the epitome of the ethos "Care for Soldiers". So many projects that I wanted to start to improve things and some projects which I hadn't had time to complete...
Cynical and Pessimistic....but cute
These seem to be the 2 top most adjectives used to describe me as a collegue and I must say that I am somewhat shocked and surprised. I'd always pictured myself to be the happy-go-lucky blur care-free larrikin of the bunch of NSFs/Disruptees. The cute part? I think they were trying to soften the blow or something...bah!
"Are you suffering from depression?"
This was another stunner when the person whom dragged me out to help me make the best of this "celebratory" day popped the question onto me. I guess it's because I felt indifferent to the whole "festivity" mood and season as he called it and that I lack the elation due to a person in my position...
Oh well, looking back now and blogging about today, I must say that things are starting to look good!
The best is yet to be!
Comments:
<< Home
hohoh!
finally!
Stress? Errm...I think you were fortunate enough to have a nice place to serve your NS lor...even for me, though I worked with dogs.
I did feel sad leaving, but then the moment I thought about superiors, the daily routine. POOF! I was outta there!
finally!
Stress? Errm...I think you were fortunate enough to have a nice place to serve your NS lor...even for me, though I worked with dogs.
I did feel sad leaving, but then the moment I thought about superiors, the daily routine. POOF! I was outta there!
Yeah I think almost everyday I still thank the Lord for sending me to the resort as compared to the shit camp that I was in the last time!
It was a great experience and oddly enuff, sometimes I miss the environment...
It was a great experience and oddly enuff, sometimes I miss the environment...
You know, you do seem like something's weighing on you and I don't mean missing an episode of Singapore's best local drama.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]
