Thursday, February 23, 2006
Hitting the ground running
I've just got out of the meeting with my supervisor and I'm a bundle of nerves now. It was supposed to be a short chat but somewhere between talking about how the proposed topic and how life in Brisbane was, I think I got interviewed or something. All those questions about what I've been doing, what languages I know, tell me more about project x and stuff like that. Argh!! I wasn't prepared for an interview and stuff, I only brushed up on the proposed thesis topic, not on my resume!!
He gets so excited when I tell him that I've done abit of something and then he asks me exactly what and I struggle to go into the details because it's already been so long. I must have looked like a small penguin struggling to come up for air coz he kept hitting me with questions after questions, so damn hard to keep up with him...if every session's gonna be like that, I think I need to buy vials of adrenaline then...
I think I've been targetted already, because of my background he wants me to participate more in his class that I'm taking as I've got all the experience in different technology that isn't taught in UNSW (having down my undergraduate elsewhere). I don't want to be focused upon!! Arrrgh...it just sounds like I'm supposed to be a step ahead of him in class and that's gonna be alot of work!!
But alas, he says he's confident with my illustrious credentials and work experience and would be happy to take me on for thesis. That's a breather...coz I was only banking on one person as my supervisor and that was him!
He laid out a brief plan for the whole thesis project and kinda assured me that 1st class shouldn't be a problem if I work hard. Ahhh!!!! Stress stress...but yeah, I think I'm up to the challenge lah... I HAVE TO BE!! I want to be, I need to be man...
I think he summed the whole meeting up when he shared his philosophy - "You've gotta hit the ground running", I feel like I've finished a triathlon...thrice!!!
He gets so excited when I tell him that I've done abit of something and then he asks me exactly what and I struggle to go into the details because it's already been so long. I must have looked like a small penguin struggling to come up for air coz he kept hitting me with questions after questions, so damn hard to keep up with him...if every session's gonna be like that, I think I need to buy vials of adrenaline then...
I think I've been targetted already, because of my background he wants me to participate more in his class that I'm taking as I've got all the experience in different technology that isn't taught in UNSW (having down my undergraduate elsewhere). I don't want to be focused upon!! Arrrgh...it just sounds like I'm supposed to be a step ahead of him in class and that's gonna be alot of work!!
But alas, he says he's confident with my illustrious credentials and work experience and would be happy to take me on for thesis. That's a breather...coz I was only banking on one person as my supervisor and that was him!
He laid out a brief plan for the whole thesis project and kinda assured me that 1st class shouldn't be a problem if I work hard. Ahhh!!!! Stress stress...but yeah, I think I'm up to the challenge lah... I HAVE TO BE!! I want to be, I need to be man...
I think he summed the whole meeting up when he shared his philosophy - "You've gotta hit the ground running", I feel like I've finished a triathlon...thrice!!!
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]