Friday, June 02, 2006

Bombs Away...

I'm officially freaked out by the housemate...

He called today and told me he wanted to meet and return the keys. I was out...erm...ok ok I was shopping, winter clearance sale and I need a new pair of shoes...sadly though nothing nice and cheap...

Eh I digress, but yeah, said he'd leave some stuff behind as parting gifts. So I suggested that he just come collect them when he returns from the holiday. This is the part where it gets really freaky...


Me: When are you coming back? I'll keep your stuff till then.
Him: I may not be coming back
Me: Oh? Okay, when you leaving then?
Him: Probably within the next few weeks...
Me: Eh, aren't exams in a week?
Him: Nah, I've finished already...
Me: Oh? You don't have any exams?
Him: I do, but I'm not gonna...
Me: Huh? You're not gonna take your exams?
Him: Yeah, I've had enuff already...
Me: Eh, wait, you're not going to finish your degree?
Him: Yeah, I'm bored over here.

Now that really is strange and I don't think I can shrug this off "due to cultural differences" anymore. I mean, this guy has been going dilligently to every lecture, devoted most of this time AND holidays staying at home in his room studying, and this guy has STRICT 8am-12pm days meaning he really wakes up in the morning and sleeps by midnight.

So why the sudden change? He seems to be doing well in the assignments and stuff getting good marks and all, him giving up cannot be due to, as he claims, a lack of sleep due to not having a good bed and mattress. I mean I've been the good housemate, telling him about good deals on mattresses whenever I see them, bringing him to stores where they sell bedding and helping him look around but he always wouldn't be able to make up his mind, or the price wasn't right, or the bed was too soft...

So then he moves out all of a sudden on Mon, tells me his going to his friends place to stay. On tues, he calls and tells me he left some stuff and is coming back to collect them and he says his calling from a hotel. Wed, he drops the bombshell that he's going to be moving out of the apartment because he wants to go home (I assume for the holidays only). Today, he tells me he's returning the keys, leaving the 4 month old printer and a 3 month old table in the room for me. I agree to meet him at 6 to get the keys. I couldn't make it back in time. So he calls me, tells me he's left the keys on the table and then that he's going home, for good?!

I really think it's a choice that doesn't get made within the course of 4 days...what the hell is up with him?! I have half the mind to drag him to the school counselling service and make sure he gets some (hopefully sound) advice from the counsellors!!!

Well, gonna try to meet him for dinner and try to see what's up with him.
Don't worry, it's not going to be at home, at some neutral ground, somewhere nice so he feels relaxed enough to talk about...I dunno...everything?!

Sigh, exams are in 2 weeks and he does this to me. Just hope there are people actually looking for apartments during the stud vac and exam period...

Comments:
sounds like trouble at home...

probably embarrased hence the tight lips on real reason.

either that or gf/bf trouble

Hmm..dinner may be good, but I won't advise to probe too much.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]