Wednesday, June 21, 2006

I'm a Vampire too!

So Ram Puneet Tiwary has been charged with 2 counts of murder and is now facing 11 more charges

11 fresh charges including possessing child pornography, break enter and steal, larceny, making and using a false security licence, conducting a security act without a licence, making a false statement to obtain money and receiving stolen goods.

[SNIP]
According to the police charge sheet tendered to the court, police found five images of girls under 16 involved in sexual activity on Tiwary's computer when the flat was searched on the night of the murders.

The other allegations included breaking into a UNSW student dormitory and stealing a computer and the theft of student identification cards and a mobile phone.


Ahuh...

Crown Prosecutor John Cline said Tiwary, 26, even forged his girlfriend's results and passed them off as his own.

'He lived a party life and slept all day. Wasn't he supposed to be going to lectures?', Mr Cline asked.


Well Mr Cline has a point there IF Tiwary wasn't on a scholarship...I believe visa conditions for scholars are different coz ironicly, they dun have the "attend 80% of school hours" clause. Isn't it a misconception that all students are required to study and go for lectures? I mean if the lecturer sucks then you're just wasting your time anyways...

It's quite absurb what Google turns up about the Barker Street murders, the New Paper of course doing its duty of calling him a Vampire?

Singaporean Lee Kay Meng, who has known Ram Tiwary for several years, said he earned the nickname 'Vampire' because he liked to sleep in late after studying through the night.


Well, I'm one too? In fact most students are, since most students "liked to sleep in late after studying through the night". Well okay so I only fulfil half of that statement...

The court heard that when it comes to personal security, especially among students, baseball bats are often the weapon of choice.


What?!! I don't have a bat...crazy lah...owe people rent still got money to buy a bat to defend yourself?! I wonder if they have loan-sharks in chinatown here too...


A hint of a gay relationship also reared its head during the cross-examination.

Mr Chaw told the court that another friend, Mr Alan Wong, had a close relationship with Mr Tay.

He said he had seen Mr Wong frequently touching Mr Tay and that Mr Tay's wife was jealous of Mr Wong.


Forgery? Theft? and then they huanise him as being touched.....Oooo-kay.

It seems to be huge news back home and in nearby countries, but Sydney's it seems, is going about it as "usual business" if you read SMH's coverage and glance around on what other headlines they have on murderers.

Malaysia's theStar had a more verbose report on the scene painted in court though.
CNA had the "story
from the paramedic's view though why but I guess
There was blood on his hands and he appeared to be edgy, upset and concerned.

must be an extremely perculiar sight for an emergency paramedic...

The case just gets getting...more sordid really! So many facets of this guy's life, I wonder if he has ever undergone a psychological assessment for multiple-personality disorder or something.

We know that he's now ex-army, dunno when or how or why, but I wonder what kind of support was given when he was still with the armed forces as a scholar.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]