Tuesday, June 13, 2006
The Last Stand
When I typed in the title, I'm reminded of how during band practice in uni, there would always be contention for the last stand...it's not the last stand of course...but it's probably the only few that's working. (Long story, suffice to say stands over here come in parts...and are stored in their individual parts)
Anyways, just returned from watching X-men III, rather good show, better than Da Vinci I feel, sound mixing was abit of a let down, at some points in the show, there was a climax, nobody was talking and the whole scene collapsed because the soundtrack was being played back at a volume much akin to when you're in a boring lecture, staring at a moving mouth, there's audio but it's a distant thought in your head... Ok...bad analogy there. I think I would have enjoyed the soundtrack better if it there was more volume...or...pizaaz?
Felt that the director was being abit to generous with each stroke of the melancoly brush making bolder and darker strokes as the movie went along. But thankfully, they had an equal amount of edge-of-seat sci-fi action to complement it.
Movie was ultimately spoilt by this 2 chinks sitting at the end of the row, a seat away from me. Discussing the finer points of professor xavier's shiny bald head no doubt constantly, chattering away.
I shushed them, but they didn't get the hint and it got to a point that i was so pissed off, I told them aloud to keep quiet. Phew, thank goodness they understand english...cause my next plan was to stand up and start gesturing wildly with my middle finger.
The person I went with wasn't much of a conversational partner too, although he did enlighten me that the marvel comic versions had a different story altogether (sorry no spoilers here!).
Wasn't the brightest person though...coz I had to re-assure him around 4 times that there was indeed something after the end credits...which annoyed me abit. And after that last scene, he asked me who the guy in the bed was...this is AFTER Dr Naomi said his name....GAH!!!! Well then again, what can you expect from a person who pronounces phoenix, "foul-nix"
Anyways, just returned from watching X-men III, rather good show, better than Da Vinci I feel, sound mixing was abit of a let down, at some points in the show, there was a climax, nobody was talking and the whole scene collapsed because the soundtrack was being played back at a volume much akin to when you're in a boring lecture, staring at a moving mouth, there's audio but it's a distant thought in your head... Ok...bad analogy there. I think I would have enjoyed the soundtrack better if it there was more volume...or...pizaaz?
Felt that the director was being abit to generous with each stroke of the melancoly brush making bolder and darker strokes as the movie went along. But thankfully, they had an equal amount of edge-of-seat sci-fi action to complement it.
Movie was ultimately spoilt by this 2 chinks sitting at the end of the row, a seat away from me. Discussing the finer points of professor xavier's shiny bald head no doubt constantly, chattering away.
I shushed them, but they didn't get the hint and it got to a point that i was so pissed off, I told them aloud to keep quiet. Phew, thank goodness they understand english...cause my next plan was to stand up and start gesturing wildly with my middle finger.
The person I went with wasn't much of a conversational partner too, although he did enlighten me that the marvel comic versions had a different story altogether (sorry no spoilers here!).
Wasn't the brightest person though...coz I had to re-assure him around 4 times that there was indeed something after the end credits...which annoyed me abit. And after that last scene, he asked me who the guy in the bed was...this is AFTER Dr Naomi said his name....GAH!!!! Well then again, what can you expect from a person who pronounces phoenix, "foul-nix"
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]