Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Being Monet

The new housemate is settling into his room after the busy day of orientation I planned for him.

First impressions abound, he's a nice person... rather similar reaction to the student body so far. No common interests found as yet...cept for the love for the weather but then agian, it's common to everybody who's fled the motherland. Oh and a little sparring on audiophile knowledge. So far, the least anglo-phile of the housemates...ok being abit harsh, he's at least on par with the colombian.

Weirdest comment made today was when we went to Pondok Udung for Nasi Campur - "I don't like halal food". Well not the most PC comment and I was wondering if this reflects the company that he keeps. I know what he means - not liking indonesian/malay cuisine, but that statement's like saying he likes chicken, but just not when it's been blessed? Definately reflects the amount of exposure he's had to our multi-cultural society back home.

In other news, I went to the lab the other night to use 2 of the iMacs to convert my CD collection to a lossy format for the Ipod (read AAC@192kbps) and tried to get macs on the way to the labs. But it was closed!!! How can the macs be closed damnit?! Granted it was 2am, but it's a 24/7 maccers...

Over the Air: House (The TV Series)

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]