Tuesday, September 26, 2006

The Witch-hunt for Black Koot Tea

Maybe... we should have thought twiced about the establishment when we noticed that the restaurant shared it's permises with a bar, pokey machines and pool tables.

Maybe... we should have taken a hint when apart from the four of us, the restaurant only had 2 other patrons and 4 wait staff.

Maybe... I should have raised more than an eyebrow when I noticed the waitresses were dressed in SIA kabayas, right down to you being able to distinguish the head waitress from her red kabaya.

The whole reason we went was because our first and second choice of restaurants had a 30 min and 15 min wait time respectively; And because I was rather keen to try out the Bak Kut Teh place that had been spotted advertised.

So we ordered the $38.80 large bowl of Bak Kut Teh and I picked up on my favourite Belechan vege with chilli that they were charging $16.80 for.

Both sucked TOTALLY! Worse ever pass off for Bak Kut Teh and the other 3 guys, whom are from Taiwan, totally agreed.

The Bak Kut Teh was soooo damn thick with the herbal tea taste, that it was actually bitter....and this is like herbal jelly without the sugar bitter... On the other hand, the pass off for Sambal Kangkong lacked any taste watsoever...well a very faint taste of belachan, that's it. The food made by the auntie on her worse day at any food court would have tasted so much better!

Total waste of money...
I'm just telling myself that it's so expensive coz I they included the entrance fee in the price of the meal.
See, it must be one of those entertaining-restaurants? Like Rainforest Cafe or watever tt I went to at Liang Court where they had rainforest animals and sounds to add to the dining atmosphere.

This Chinatown establishment's "thing" must have been to let their patrons enjoy the sight of people playing jackpot, getting drunk at the bar and ugly people showing off their butt cracks playing pool, whilst I'm having dinner. I mean, that kinda experience is quite unique yeah?

NEVER, NEVER, NEVER AGAIN!

I however took solace when I asked the waitress that brought us the bill whether a Singaporean opened it... well it wasn't and I didn't catch wat nationaility the owner was too coz my mandarin totally sux.

In other news, I'm quite surprised that these Taiwanese guys actually know about our movie - I not Stupid. In fact, they love it! Wow...that's one export that's a success. Well...actually they downloaded it...so I'm not quite so sure whether tt's considered "export"

Telegada Nights? Erm... the frenchie was a laff, found the middle part rather boring and slow, too predictable a storyline... just mildly entertaining in value.-

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]