Monday, December 04, 2006
Sangria!
Had a lovely evening today!
Went to Grand Tarverna for dinner at night and had "Paella Valenciana" which is paella with seafood and chicken. Like the paella very much! Sangria... well not so much, but it was really interesting to try new stuff!
Before that I went to the Starbucks at Capitol Theatre as planned to get some grub, caffeine and work more on the thesis.
Same situation as yesterday, terribly hard to get a seat. In fact, it was really bad this time round. I was walking around the cafe one hand holding a Caramel Frappucino & the other my Hazelnut Cake.
This lady soon saw my predicament and offered me the seat at her table! Well... I"m not sure that was luck or not... but we ended up chatting for the next one and a half hours!!!
She's german on her second holiday in Australia. We kept talking and talking about stuff till she realised she had forgot about going to Paddy's market for the vegetable rush!!!
She's works with kids back home and I was telling her how my brother's dyslexic and how we don't have people like her back in Singapore. Apparently, back in Germany she goes visiting parents with kids that suffer from psychological problems such as my brother and teaches the family how to cope and deal as well help the child through his life to learn and cope with his problems properly. She was shocked to know that my brother went through the same educational system as everybody else even though he had a problem! Or that there wasn't much help available for people like him. Back in Germany it seems, kids would have been graded differently or not graded at all.
Was telling her how we didn't know how to help my brother and how the education system was just marking my brother as 'stupid' more and more till he probably believed that himself!!! I know my brother is intelligent... and she thinks he is too, but just that he should be given more time to understand things... at his own pace. Sigh... damn you lah MOE!!!
Anyways, was recommending some places for her to visit in Sydney, finally exchanged numbers and we might go have a drink at Lowenbrau that I was telling her about soon. It's this German restaurant and bar at the rocks.
So interesting meeting people just like that and exchanging stories and getting to know a stranger!!!
Anyways, whilst waiting for my friend, I took pictures of the huge 3 story high Christmas tree that they have at the QVB. Well... the base of the tree anyways...

Went to Grand Tarverna for dinner at night and had "Paella Valenciana" which is paella with seafood and chicken. Like the paella very much! Sangria... well not so much, but it was really interesting to try new stuff!
Before that I went to the Starbucks at Capitol Theatre as planned to get some grub, caffeine and work more on the thesis.
Same situation as yesterday, terribly hard to get a seat. In fact, it was really bad this time round. I was walking around the cafe one hand holding a Caramel Frappucino & the other my Hazelnut Cake.
This lady soon saw my predicament and offered me the seat at her table! Well... I"m not sure that was luck or not... but we ended up chatting for the next one and a half hours!!!
She's german on her second holiday in Australia. We kept talking and talking about stuff till she realised she had forgot about going to Paddy's market for the vegetable rush!!!
She's works with kids back home and I was telling her how my brother's dyslexic and how we don't have people like her back in Singapore. Apparently, back in Germany she goes visiting parents with kids that suffer from psychological problems such as my brother and teaches the family how to cope and deal as well help the child through his life to learn and cope with his problems properly. She was shocked to know that my brother went through the same educational system as everybody else even though he had a problem! Or that there wasn't much help available for people like him. Back in Germany it seems, kids would have been graded differently or not graded at all.
Was telling her how we didn't know how to help my brother and how the education system was just marking my brother as 'stupid' more and more till he probably believed that himself!!! I know my brother is intelligent... and she thinks he is too, but just that he should be given more time to understand things... at his own pace. Sigh... damn you lah MOE!!!
Anyways, was recommending some places for her to visit in Sydney, finally exchanged numbers and we might go have a drink at Lowenbrau that I was telling her about soon. It's this German restaurant and bar at the rocks.
So interesting meeting people just like that and exchanging stories and getting to know a stranger!!!
Anyways, whilst waiting for my friend, I took pictures of the huge 3 story high Christmas tree that they have at the QVB. Well... the base of the tree anyways...

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]