Sunday, December 24, 2006
Signals or just Sun spots?
Sometimes the world sends you so many signals you don't know quite how to interpret them.
The cab driver yesterday thought I was Korean... the woman at the airport duty free greeted me in Korean and then started some kinda question I'm guessing about what I'm looking for... well it was her monologue coz I didn't know what she was saying but I did ask her for the rose in response to anticipated question, after which she at least apologised profusely, in English of course before telling me to direct the question towards the caucasian salesperson instead. I guess she doesn't know what a rose is in a "Local Wines" shop.
After Driving Lessons, I watched For Horowitz (or The Piano though that's also the title for that American movie production)... where during the course of the show I balled my eyes out not once, but ... well many times... so embarassing... luckily the lady beside me was sleeping...but she did wake up and asked me to turn off the light...to which I replied that it was HER light that was turned on...

Anyways, parts of the show reminded me of my childhood I guess... esp my mum. Of course they had to use rachmaninov all over the show... Oh and did I tell you it's a Korean drama?
I think the world's telling me to learn korean or something...
So the facts are -
Watching Stormbreaker now and chatting with the folks back home... might be meeting te guys for dinner...
Tried to skype with bro but my laptop mic isn't noise cancelling...so he could hear was the engines roar...
The cab driver yesterday thought I was Korean... the woman at the airport duty free greeted me in Korean and then started some kinda question I'm guessing about what I'm looking for... well it was her monologue coz I didn't know what she was saying but I did ask her for the rose in response to anticipated question, after which she at least apologised profusely, in English of course before telling me to direct the question towards the caucasian salesperson instead. I guess she doesn't know what a rose is in a "Local Wines" shop.
After Driving Lessons, I watched For Horowitz (or The Piano though that's also the title for that American movie production)... where during the course of the show I balled my eyes out not once, but ... well many times... so embarassing... luckily the lady beside me was sleeping...but she did wake up and asked me to turn off the light...to which I replied that it was HER light that was turned on...

Anyways, parts of the show reminded me of my childhood I guess... esp my mum. Of course they had to use rachmaninov all over the show... Oh and did I tell you it's a Korean drama?
I think the world's telling me to learn korean or something...
So the facts are -
- Taxi driver thinks I'm Korean
- Downtown Duty free woman think I'm Korean
- I shed tears watching a Korean movie on the plane
- Have been on a rach craze so For Horowitz hit a nerve or two
Watching Stormbreaker now and chatting with the folks back home... might be meeting te guys for dinner...
Tried to skype with bro but my laptop mic isn't noise cancelling...so he could hear was the engines roar...
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]