Tuesday, December 19, 2006
Would you like raw mushrooms with your meal?
Had horrible cafe food for breakfast today...
"Special of the day" Omellete with mushrooms and a side of salad - $7.00
Short Black - $2.50
The coffee was okay, but when my toast arrived, I tore open the butter foil only to find my hands covered with melted butter. Right... so I asked if they had any chilled butter and she went off.
So I started off with the salad. The stuff that came in a cute metal cup tasted like french dressing but was quite spicy... still palatable really. Salad was good *pokes at beetroot*.
Omelette wasn't what I expected... the mushrooms were raw stuffed between the folds, meaning it wasn't cooked with the omelette, but the chef decieded that he shall use the heat of the cooked omellete to slightly warm my mushrooms... well they still tasted okay, but I really could do better at home...
Butter still hasn't arrived yet, so had to ask again. Flies started to swarm around and so had to swat at them with my thesis draft that I was editing on the table.
*Drinks more coffee and ponders whether flies have landed on meal whilst distracted by editing
Waitress finally places 2 packets of butter and remarks "this should be better"
*Gingerly opens foil so as not to get oily hands again*
Great... frozen butter... and what's even better? Toast has gone cold... butter won't spread nor melt now. Sighs and pours melted butter oil over toast.
*Bites into toast only to discover it's white bread...
Right, I quickly finish off the meal, wish I had a car so I needn't suffer the things they pass off as food around my area and wonder if the only thing that got them "Finalist of Most Outstanding Cafe in suburb" title was that they're just about the newest cafe around.
Over the Air: ABC Classic FM
[Update:]
Around an hour of streaming radio has used my my daily quota!!! Have to suffer 56k speed now!!! Oh well, can concentrate more I guess... and stream isn't affected because it's local radio.
"Special of the day" Omellete with mushrooms and a side of salad - $7.00
Short Black - $2.50
The coffee was okay, but when my toast arrived, I tore open the butter foil only to find my hands covered with melted butter. Right... so I asked if they had any chilled butter and she went off.
So I started off with the salad. The stuff that came in a cute metal cup tasted like french dressing but was quite spicy... still palatable really. Salad was good *pokes at beetroot*.
Omelette wasn't what I expected... the mushrooms were raw stuffed between the folds, meaning it wasn't cooked with the omelette, but the chef decieded that he shall use the heat of the cooked omellete to slightly warm my mushrooms... well they still tasted okay, but I really could do better at home...
Butter still hasn't arrived yet, so had to ask again. Flies started to swarm around and so had to swat at them with my thesis draft that I was editing on the table.
*Drinks more coffee and ponders whether flies have landed on meal whilst distracted by editing
Waitress finally places 2 packets of butter and remarks "this should be better"
*Gingerly opens foil so as not to get oily hands again*
Great... frozen butter... and what's even better? Toast has gone cold... butter won't spread nor melt now. Sighs and pours melted butter oil over toast.
*Bites into toast only to discover it's white bread...
Right, I quickly finish off the meal, wish I had a car so I needn't suffer the things they pass off as food around my area and wonder if the only thing that got them "Finalist of Most Outstanding Cafe in suburb" title was that they're just about the newest cafe around.
Over the Air: ABC Classic FM
[Update:]
Around an hour of streaming radio has used my my daily quota!!! Have to suffer 56k speed now!!! Oh well, can concentrate more I guess... and stream isn't affected because it's local radio.
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]