Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Educating Singaporeans II

Reading the newspaper today about the NKF debacle, I just want to ask why the whole incident was sparked off by some very good investigative reporting by SPH and not by the governing body that is supposed to be the one looking into the NKF's accounts in the first place?

In a rather similar article by the media where they reported about NTUs purchase of Hermen Keller chairs and their response that it was neccessary... just who is answerable now that NUS is a private university?

On the bus back from town yesterday night, I caught the report on Singtel's Generation mio. Checking out their plans now, I'm wondering just why they're are marketing it as being better than our fixed lines?

Their press release is such a bunch of bull!

Generation mio is a breakthrough in home communications and entertainment


You rebrand your VOIP, broadband and mobile services together is called a breakthrough ah?

The mio Box transforms the ordinary phone line in every home into an integrated super highway


Eh uncle ah, I go and buy a router that has an ADSL modem and VOIP functions built in is the same as your mio box yer know. Also can drive on super highway just no COE that's all...

The mio Services rolled out today lay the foundation for SingTel’s next generation range of integrated digital services. mio customers can look forward to new services being added regularly as we work with strategic partners such as equipment manufacturers and content providers. We are ready for iN2015


As a shareholder, I cringe at that statement... Just how much bull can a bull chuck if a bull could chuck bull?

I'm on Singtel's fixed-line 3C Life package now, paying $17.15/mth.

Generation mio Voice costs $15.75/mth and I'd have to add $4.20/mth for the caller id, call waiting and call forwarding VAS that is part of my 3C package.

How is paying $19.95 for a voip that's cheaper to provide better than then $17.15 I pay for a fixed-line service that will work even if there's a power outage considered to be "greater savings"?!

My friend keeps telling me Singtel or SPH != Gahmen...then why the huge overly media coverage on their launch? Instead of touting it like it's something as wonderful as slice bread... they could have said that it's just singtel introducing VOIP services...and if you BUNDLED your phone, mobile and broadband plan termed mio plan, THAN it would be cheaper. Not some generalised "greater savings!!!" tagline... Which is just their long overdue reply to Starhub's Hub Club... Well almost because Starhub gives you mobile, broadband, phone (free with maxonline) AND CABLE TV!

Over the Air: ABC Classic FM (Smetana's Bartered Bride)

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]