Thursday, January 11, 2007
Fireflies
Hooray!
Just finished the first out of the four disc of Firefly!!
Most productive use of my twilight ever!
If I thought the accents in Tiramisu were hilarious, the mangled mandarin that they speak in Firefly is quite the funny! I need to rewind and play it back again to try to find out what they're muttering. It's an interesing thing, they curse almost exclusively in mandarin...which I'm not sure what that means... most items are labeled in mandarin too and when they meet settlers there is always some of chinese descent.
So the Chinese are featured prominantly and reflect the current situation where they almost exclusively dominate the "Made in XXX" and have spread out the farest reaches of thegalaxy world.
But somehow I'm wondering in which context?
Pity nobody was available to supper with me, so I ordered macs. Not lazy, wanted to walk but luckily I scrapped that idea when I found out it was raining!
Actually do think I miss the McSpicy, but geez... isn't our fast food fare moving up towards air-conditioned eateries/restaurants prices?
Just finished the first out of the four disc of Firefly!!
Most productive use of my twilight ever!
If I thought the accents in Tiramisu were hilarious, the mangled mandarin that they speak in Firefly is quite the funny! I need to rewind and play it back again to try to find out what they're muttering. It's an interesing thing, they curse almost exclusively in mandarin...which I'm not sure what that means... most items are labeled in mandarin too and when they meet settlers there is always some of chinese descent.
So the Chinese are featured prominantly and reflect the current situation where they almost exclusively dominate the "Made in XXX" and have spread out the farest reaches of the
But somehow I'm wondering in which context?
Pity nobody was available to supper with me, so I ordered macs. Not lazy, wanted to walk but luckily I scrapped that idea when I found out it was raining!
Actually do think I miss the McSpicy, but geez... isn't our fast food fare moving up towards air-conditioned eateries/restaurants prices?
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]