Thursday, January 18, 2007
Freakonomics
Dad was freaking out earlier on when he couldn't find his bag going all nuts wonderinf if he left it ouside the house, had forgotten to bring it back from work, accused us of moving his stuff around and finally settling on the suspecion that we've throw his bag away.
He finally found it and it turned out to be.... a trolley bag! As if he couldn't be any clearer when describing it as "a black bag"? He is seriously starting to remind me of Ms Swan - "He look-ah like-ar man!".
Have put myself on the reservation queue at the uni library for "Freakonomics: A Rogue Economist Explores the Hidden Side of Everything". [NYT Review] It should make a really interesting read if I discount the fact that it's used at a few ivy leagues as textbooks...
From Epilogue: Two Paths to Harvard -

Been talking to alot of people about what to do with money, though not as much as the $1.2 trillion, it's still a tidy sum of money to us poor peasants which I hope to be able to make it grow. Thing is now that I've abit overwhelmed by the myriad advices from the numerous people I've been consulting. I've however, most peeved by the people whom call themselves "Relationship Managers" whom apparently possess really poor expert knowledge and rightly so when these people don't even need to meet the requirement that we put on as the minimum education required to work as a civil servant! Blinking blood (read: money) suckers!!!
Over the Air: Wouldn't it be Lovely - My Fair Lady
He finally found it and it turned out to be.... a trolley bag! As if he couldn't be any clearer when describing it as "a black bag"? He is seriously starting to remind me of Ms Swan - "He look-ah like-ar man!".
Have put myself on the reservation queue at the uni library for "Freakonomics: A Rogue Economist Explores the Hidden Side of Everything". [NYT Review] It should make a really interesting read if I discount the fact that it's used at a few ivy leagues as textbooks...
From Epilogue: Two Paths to Harvard -
The life paths of two Harvard graduates who may have seemed to be locked into divergent patterns of achievement based on their backgrounds are outlined. Ted Kaczynski, also known as the Unabomber, came from a privileged background and had access to all of the resources that are typically correlated with success, whereas Roland G. Fryer, an African-American man who was raised in an impoverished, unstable family environment, is now a promising Harvard economist. The book ends with this brief reminder that there are limits to the ability of economic analysis to predict every possible outcome.

Been talking to alot of people about what to do with money, though not as much as the $1.2 trillion, it's still a tidy sum of money to us poor peasants which I hope to be able to make it grow. Thing is now that I've abit overwhelmed by the myriad advices from the numerous people I've been consulting. I've however, most peeved by the people whom call themselves "Relationship Managers" whom apparently possess really poor expert knowledge and rightly so when these people don't even need to meet the requirement that we put on as the minimum education required to work as a civil servant! Blinking blood (read: money) suckers!!!
Over the Air: Wouldn't it be Lovely - My Fair Lady
Comments:
<< Home
eh...I have the book lah
can lend you. NO need to purchase!
Do you still have my air-conditioned nation though?
Post a Comment
can lend you. NO need to purchase!
Do you still have my air-conditioned nation though?
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]
