Wednesday, January 17, 2007
How high the Moon?
Is the grass greener on Earth or the Moon?
Somebody raised the question whether Singaporeans decide to leave because life is truly better in other countries or whether it just seems to be. Could they actually be the same colour - the same shade of green or the same gradiant of grey? Is there actually greeness at all or could it be just a grey figment of our imagination buried under a sea of envy? Could it be a blade that we continue to hold deeply close to the heart even though it cuts deeply. By allowing Singaporeans to live overseas, are we opening pandora's box?
Absolute Power Corrupts
What if you know you have some kind of power over your peers, that you possess a certain degree of influence or gestalt over people. The thing with such close friends is that our faith put in each other can become a two-edged sword. Farmiliarity breeds contempt they say, in a way that it's used to put your friends back in their place, back where they belong in your eyes or back beneath your ranks. Power such that the utterance of a single word, phrase or jib can set somebody's psychological, socialogical and personal development back a few years. Just how long can King Arthur hold onto Excalibur before being overthrown by his peasants, if there are even any followers left.
Setting oneself up for Failure
Sometimes I wonder why I try hard to please... only to be placed in a position where one is blamed for tasks performed or the way things were organised or planned.
How thick must I grow my skin before I get used to the feeling of guilt as though I were making overly bearing demands; As if I were dragging people out by their teeth. Failure is never easy to swallow, but iSwallow... How do you choose which situations that needs treading around on ones toes lightly and which ones require the harsh reprimand of the tongue?
Maybe I'm not the clown in the group, possibly not even the village idiot... but the ass that nobody likes but is pitied upon..
Somebody raised the question whether Singaporeans decide to leave because life is truly better in other countries or whether it just seems to be. Could they actually be the same colour - the same shade of green or the same gradiant of grey? Is there actually greeness at all or could it be just a grey figment of our imagination buried under a sea of envy? Could it be a blade that we continue to hold deeply close to the heart even though it cuts deeply. By allowing Singaporeans to live overseas, are we opening pandora's box?
Absolute Power Corrupts
What if you know you have some kind of power over your peers, that you possess a certain degree of influence or gestalt over people. The thing with such close friends is that our faith put in each other can become a two-edged sword. Farmiliarity breeds contempt they say, in a way that it's used to put your friends back in their place, back where they belong in your eyes or back beneath your ranks. Power such that the utterance of a single word, phrase or jib can set somebody's psychological, socialogical and personal development back a few years. Just how long can King Arthur hold onto Excalibur before being overthrown by his peasants, if there are even any followers left.
Setting oneself up for Failure
Sometimes I wonder why I try hard to please... only to be placed in a position where one is blamed for tasks performed or the way things were organised or planned.
How thick must I grow my skin before I get used to the feeling of guilt as though I were making overly bearing demands; As if I were dragging people out by their teeth. Failure is never easy to swallow, but iSwallow... How do you choose which situations that needs treading around on ones toes lightly and which ones require the harsh reprimand of the tongue?
Maybe I'm not the clown in the group, possibly not even the village idiot... but the ass that nobody likes but is pitied upon..
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]