Friday, February 02, 2007
Throwing out!
Tremendously long day... good thing I had the use of the car.
Sent dad to work at Changi South Street 2 got home to laze around for while, then to my medical appointment where I spent $168 for a month of medication ! Gosh, just so damn shocking to learn about the exorbitant cost of my meds since I never had to empty my own coffers since SAF took care of everything.
Then to pick up bro so we could go Ikea to shop for stuff for the house... should have guessed the stuff that we wanted were mostly out of stock in the nicer colour and you're left with the sad stuff like white, oak and birch... things that really do scream out "I'm cheap Swedish furniture that's made in china!!!". Though I was happy going with the ugly amoebas and the garishly coloured chest of drawers... my brother on the other hand was surprisingly more concerned about whether it blends in with the house... I mean not as if anybody's coming to visit!
We were of course sure to eat lunch at the Ikea cafe of course... which is when my brother conveniently forgets his wallet...but then is willing to top up the difference for aesthetically pleasing furniture.
Managed to throw out my back not lifting the heavy Rambery chest of 3 drawers up, but while positioning the heavy thing in the boot!!! Such a telltale sign of ageing...
Off to cold storage to get some light bulbs and bro wanted to buy some stuff to make blueberry muffins too... for his 1 month anniversary date tonight. He can really put effort to being nice and sweet... but just not when it comes to showing this kind of care and concern to family members...
PIE to Changi was rather packed at 4:30pm but still managed to get there in 30 mins, got dad to drop me off at Suntec where I met the rest later for dinner.
Dafus indeed had a surprise for us, somebody we hadn't seen for a long time! Was indeed a shocker to receive the phone call...
More wonderful food, even more wonderful desserts. A not so surprising lack of enthusiasm on the part of the BD boys in doing the ubitious cake cutting duties and posing... and the shocking realisation how old we'd be this year as we celebrate the first 2 birthdays amongst friends...
So tired now I don't even have energy to assemble the pool of flat-packed furniture!
Over the Air: Lost S02E20 - Two for the Road (One of my favourites!)
Sent dad to work at Changi South Street 2 got home to laze around for while, then to my medical appointment where I spent $168 for a month of medication ! Gosh, just so damn shocking to learn about the exorbitant cost of my meds since I never had to empty my own coffers since SAF took care of everything.
Then to pick up bro so we could go Ikea to shop for stuff for the house... should have guessed the stuff that we wanted were mostly out of stock in the nicer colour and you're left with the sad stuff like white, oak and birch... things that really do scream out "I'm cheap Swedish furniture that's made in china!!!". Though I was happy going with the ugly amoebas and the garishly coloured chest of drawers... my brother on the other hand was surprisingly more concerned about whether it blends in with the house... I mean not as if anybody's coming to visit!
We were of course sure to eat lunch at the Ikea cafe of course... which is when my brother conveniently forgets his wallet...but then is willing to top up the difference for aesthetically pleasing furniture.
Managed to throw out my back not lifting the heavy Rambery chest of 3 drawers up, but while positioning the heavy thing in the boot!!! Such a telltale sign of ageing...
Off to cold storage to get some light bulbs and bro wanted to buy some stuff to make blueberry muffins too... for his 1 month anniversary date tonight. He can really put effort to being nice and sweet... but just not when it comes to showing this kind of care and concern to family members...
PIE to Changi was rather packed at 4:30pm but still managed to get there in 30 mins, got dad to drop me off at Suntec where I met the rest later for dinner.
Dafus indeed had a surprise for us, somebody we hadn't seen for a long time! Was indeed a shocker to receive the phone call...
More wonderful food, even more wonderful desserts. A not so surprising lack of enthusiasm on the part of the BD boys in doing the ubitious cake cutting duties and posing... and the shocking realisation how old we'd be this year as we celebrate the first 2 birthdays amongst friends...
So tired now I don't even have energy to assemble the pool of flat-packed furniture!
Over the Air: Lost S02E20 - Two for the Road (One of my favourites!)
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]