Wednesday, March 07, 2007
iPod Max
Well my 3rd replacement refurbished iPod still has the same defect - a weird I shaped distortion on the LCD that doesn't affect the display itself but seems to be a some kind of coating since it distrorts light such that there's a halo around affected area.
Still mulling over whether to return it and maybe demand they replace it with the iPod Photo instead... as opposed to my initial run with their iPod 4G (Colour Display) with their scratched LCDs which they replaced with an iPod video (yucks!).
Max is a great piece of OSS! I use it to rip my CDs but what's best about it is that you can choose to rip a few tracks into one file hence circumventing the gapless playback problem pre-video iPods "suffer" from. Still perplexes me why they can't enable gapless playback for all their iPods... I'm sure the 4th generation ones have the capability just that the Steve Job's reality distortion effect seems to have forgotten to casts it's magical sweep over the old models...
Still mulling over whether to return it and maybe demand they replace it with the iPod Photo instead... as opposed to my initial run with their iPod 4G (Colour Display) with their scratched LCDs which they replaced with an iPod video (yucks!).
Max is a great piece of OSS! I use it to rip my CDs but what's best about it is that you can choose to rip a few tracks into one file hence circumventing the gapless playback problem pre-video iPods "suffer" from. Still perplexes me why they can't enable gapless playback for all their iPods... I'm sure the 4th generation ones have the capability just that the Steve Job's reality distortion effect seems to have forgotten to casts it's magical sweep over the old models...
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]