Friday, March 02, 2007

Stars and Tax

The lorazepam didn't work and rightly so when I looked at what they gave me... paltry 0.5mg tablets...

So I tossed and turned till I gave up in the end and got out of bed, only to find that peanut butter seemes to have stalled midway installing the new Java update from Apple's software update..

Found out the harddisk crashed... botting up using the OSX install disc to use disk utility was no help at all, neither was the command-line equivilent diskutil and fsck.

Decided to install OSX onto the iPod, boot from it and run some data recovery software and see if they can make some headwhy....

ProSoft's Data Rescue II is doing a thorough scan now and has found some dead clusters.. prob where the head might have plummetted into the media... seems to be in the first few sectors though, not very sure how HFS discs are structured yet, but I do hope nothing important is stored there.. or at least a FAT table is mirrored somewhere else on the harddisk. If that turns out to be the case, recovering files should be relatively easy.

In other news...

Ah, melancoly floods thy old bones....
Still fondly remember my first and still my favourite of all my phones, my Motorola StarTac X.. the new rehash/retro rebirth of it looks quite intriguing... they've mostly managed to retain it's shape, but I think I'd have prefered they kept the old school keypad from the old one.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]