Thursday, April 26, 2007
Dog gone it!
Walked the dog today, took him on an extra long route since he hasn't been out the last few days because of the rain... which explains why he was super-hyper though managed to stay reserved and cautious when playing with 2 young not-more-than-5 french kids.
Talked myself out of giving him a bath since I couldn't find his towel.. might bring him to the beach this weekend if the weather permits.
In other news, I have the cursive handwriting of somebody aged over 45 according to the small test I took!
Handwriting Samples in a text message era

Talked myself out of giving him a bath since I couldn't find his towel.. might bring him to the beach this weekend if the weather permits.
In other news, I have the cursive handwriting of somebody aged over 45 according to the small test I took!
Handwriting Samples in a text message era

The differences between the cursive of under-24 and over-45 writers could be attributed to the shift in handwriting education. When they attended elementary school, most baby boomers and older generations learned about the tails and connections recommended by the Palmer Method (top) or the similar Zaner-Bloser method when they learned cursive writing.
Today, a variety of cursive fonts are taught, depending on the teacher's preference, and less time is spent perfecting penmanship to make time for other instruction, such as typing on a keyboard.
Handwriting Without Tears (middle) emphasizes consistent and legible letters but does not restrict students to particular strokes. D'Nealian (bottom) recommends particular strokes, but the characters are a print-cursive hybrid.
Credit: Sargur Srihari
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]