Thursday, April 12, 2007

"The day after" Post

Well here I am in my new place, finally got the wireless router hooked up to their Speedstream 4200 so the place is wireless enabled... well importantly I've got internet access now!

Went up to Westfield BJ after walking the job and had some Sushi Train for lunch, $12.10 worth to be exact, not as wonderful as I remembered it... but heck, definately still beats Sakae Sushi! Bought a pillow, a mattress protector and a new bath towel.

I'm starting my job tomorrow, got to go all the way to be at north Sydney at 8am tomorrow! That means a walk to uni, express bus to central station and then cityrail up north. 131500 says it's going to take 1.5 hours... But thanks so much to Alvin for setting me up with it, hopefully get to work my "loss" back.

So yesterday was move-in day also, so I went up to my new place at around 11, found my room to be empty as agreed but absolutely filthy. Found a broom and swept it, got the mop out and gave the floor the ol' heave-ho, still dirty, went through it a 2nd time... still dirty even after a 3rd time!!! Polished floorboards are just too hard to clean IMHO, the gaps in between the timber planks just never seem to be clean...ahhh!!! Not used to living in antiquated conditions...

Collected the keys, went by uni to grab a small chicken pesto pasta salad and caught a cab to Storage King. Cabbie rounded up the cab fare by 20 cents and since he was such an asshole, I gave it to him. Went into the office to sign the termination agreement, managed to take around 3-4 bites of my salad before the removalist arrived. Move took 2.5 hours and dented the wallet by $250...

Got a call from the friend whose place I was staying at, so headed back down to meet him to get the rest of my stuff... took the oppurtunity to have a shower at his place coz my place is a dump... there are FLIES in the toilet for goodness sakes... I haven't dared to take a shower in there yet, but am slowly psyching myself up a quick shower tonight so I can "get used to it" since I'd definately have to take a shower before work tomorrow...

Anyways, friend drove me to my new place to drop my stuff off, met one of my housemates and the dog too, then off to dinner!

Dinner was at the Balkan Seafood restaurant... we had a seafood platter for one and a pola-pola between the two of us. Halfway through the salad entre, he remebered it was my birthday and ordered a wine for the occassion. It was a nice Gumbear Savignaun Blanc (I smell smoke... ahhh!! I think my housemates are smoking in the house... I swear I'm going to get cancer staying here....). So dinner was mt friend's treat even though I tried to buy him dinner instead to repay him for putting me up at his place.

Got home, tried to re-arrange the place but was just too tired, so I just assembled my bed with one of my housemate's help, put the sheets on and slept with the rolled up spare sheets as a pillow.

By this time, the housemate/couple had come back from their party, had brought back the sister-in-law and brother, was pissed drunk and was making a ruckus outside... so I put on my cans and tried to sleep...

Think I eventually fell asleep, woke up a few times of course... but eventually I heard no more extraneous noise, took off my cans and slept the rest of the night (or was it already morning?) away.

So there you have it, Happy Birthday to me!

Over the Air: Housemates watching Star Wars III on Foxtel/Showtime

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]