Friday, June 15, 2007

iHateWork

Was this close to quitting today! My supervisor has gone nuttin futters!!! He came down on me today when I was on my break... he asked me what I was doing, I told him that I was having a break and then he started going on about the "good money" that the company was paying me and all that...

Hello?! I already accomplish MORE than the other guy, I have no idea why the hell you're taking issue with me taking a break which according to the employee handbook I am ENTITLED to not only 1, but TWO 10 min breaks. I was eating a muffin for goodness sakes, could you not see that?! I think he's having his PMS this week or something...

BAD BAD BAD day at work... was pissed off the whole afternoon and decided to call it quits at 3pm. They pay BY THE HOUR and I managed to do a whole days of work... what an archiac way of compensating me, heck wouldn't I be more motivated if they paid me by completed units? Wouldn't it be an entirely more accurate way of judging my work done and then I wouldn't have somebody on my case because I'm on a break... GAAAAH!!!! Positively fuming!

Might this be a case of cultural differences? He did mention before that I was completing too many units and said that if I kept it up, I wouldn't be on the job for long... maybe he was joking? Then the other day he suggested me working on my thesis at the company. I took this as hints that I might be over-performing or working too hard, hence I slowed down and started actually taking my allotted breaks...

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]