Sunday, June 24, 2007

The Nile is a River in Egypt, not Sydney

It's probably a skill that I've managed to horn so much that it's already close to perfection. Something that one can be equally proud of as he is equally disdainful of it. People have once commented on how they were surprise that they found me in many situations in my state of mind. Even in my situation now, this coping mechanism still hasn't been compromised, that indeed is another first I guess.

Denial - A coping mechanism

Well, the day's drawing to a close and it's something I've got to face sooner or later. The stress has built up so much that my neck's totally stiff now, not to mention my head is pounding like the anvil chorus.

Thank gooness for the Valium... and if I don't fall asleep soon, I'm gonna reach for the panadine I swear!

ABC said to me, "We have a plan and we're going to stick to it". It's quite shocking how much truth there was to the statement although he was just referring to our tendency to waltz into the nearest restaurant on our way to the intended destination restaurant. I had picked sushi-e at the Establishment Hotel but alas as my track record now stands, this is the 4th pick that we couldn't get seats at! I digress, but that's what I do. Throughout dinner I choose not to deal with the issue, to sidetrack the conversation away from it whenever we veered towards the impending collision...

Slightly less tensed but still in pain. Why did I turn away the offer for 10mg ones?! Pure stupidity...

How I've managed to keep talking about everything else, to joke, the bantering, the straight face whilst talking about world issues... it's my life skill that took 2 decades to perfect. Well, I'm sure the sangiovese had some small role too. I had a plan before IT happened and I was jolly well gonna stick to the plan! That was till we clinked wine glasses toasting to us both having successfully surviving our second ever car accident...

Life can just come crashing down on you regardless of where you are, the river will always find a way through no matter how hard you try to damn it...

"Why do you allow yourself to be hurt? Because he helps take away my pain." - Grey's Anatomy S2E05

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]