Saturday, July 28, 2007

Post Its!

Today has been a wonderful day, think my life in Sydney's actually picking up!

Well, kinda started off later yesterday afternoon. Collected the damn Magna after getting lost in Eskinville/St. Peters, walking up to Alexandria when I was actually supposed to be in Roseberry! So I took a bus into town eventually, since the plan was to walk till I either found the workshop or an ATM but neither of those stituations took place! Withdrew money then decided I have had enough and hopped on a cab to the mechanics. Car turned out to be fixed up better than expected, I mean te bonnet needs to be repainted and I was joking that if they popped a grey/black one that I'd pretend that it was a carbon fibre one =P But it turned out to be... a very dirty light bluish grey, blends under the right kind of light though?

Drove the beast back home then headed to uni and spent the rest of the day at the library and the lab plonking away on development. Fixed a damn bug that turned out to be a problem with the toolkit!!! Ack, lousy documentation... *grumbles* wasted time *grumbles* will document it! But still after that hurdle I got a few features implemented so all-in-all, was a good run at the labs!

Had nice chats to people from back home too, awwww... I seem to be sorely missed! Well either that or it's some horrible conspiracy to get me back to the motherland =P Bleah, aint I cynnical eh! Anyways, nice to hear from all the guys again, really do miss all of them, so very much!

So yes, about today...went out for lunch at XVII over at darling habour, nice Union Square Sandwich, good company! Really brightened up my day having good conversation over fine food and *koff* having the bill picked up for me!

Trotted back to the labs and sorted out some small admin stuff with getting the Magna insured, was relatively painless process amazingly and erm... not really that expensive as I thought. Sorted out some other e-mails then I got a call inviting me to a concert at night! Well, decided to jump on the chance since I've never heard the Australian Brandenburg Orchestra. Must see what the whole hype of people playing on antiquated instruments, oops.. I mean period instruments!

So here I am, at the ABO "French Passion and Italian Masters" concert. So yeah, my impressions of Brandenburg stuff was really boring monotonous dymanics and form, was so afraid I was going to fall asleep or something. Was really expecting boring ho-hum stuff. Boy was I wrong, I was blown away! Extremely great music and experience! So glad I came, today's really gotta be a day for the books!!! This is the life I wish I had, the opportunities to experience all these little things that you won't be able to find back home, the discovery of a fresh sensation! Marvously impressed by the countertenor Phillipe Jaroussky or better known as France's Opera Singer of the Year 2007! Though when he first made an appearance I thought I had walked into "Mr Bean goes to the Opera" and I had to bite my lip to prevent myself from laffing! Yay, another priceless performance for, erm... free! Can't believe I've been given the honour and privilege to be at this premeire, egads, so loving my life right now!

So yeah, first ABO concert, first live performance using period instrument and the first time meeting a fragile lady sitting beside me that got so overly excited over opera she was cheering and whistling like a teenager at the end of the concert, how sureally frightful!!! Well, that's till she asked me if I played an instrument and upon learning that I was a percussionist then proceeded to inquire if I've ever played "those huge korean drums". *rolls eyes* I think it's all the korean food I've been eating...

Sill can't say that I like the sound of the harpsichord but geez the sound of the Lirone is so unique! The sorrowful cry it makes really pulls at the heartstrings somemore! And then there's the theorbo, damn that thing is huuuuge!

Went for supper with ABC after the concert and it seems dinner's complimentary too! Managed to protest my way into buying a Prawn salad to share under the pretense that I was ravishingly hungry... Again, having an amazing day!

Oh and lastly, found a post-it on the windscreen of the car today and then another one stuck on the sliding door to the backyard!



Gotta thank the anonymous person for the warning! Didn't know it's wrong to parallel park on the "wrong side of the road! (It was the small dual carriageway street outside my house) The other one's from the horrid couple that owns the dog... not only is it not allowed into the house now when they're not at home or asleep (like 3/4 of the day?!), but it's now banished to the backyard and what I mean is the paved porch at the back of the house where the dog pees and shits...

Right, it's chewing up stuff and being naughty but it's because it's bored at lonely, doesn't have enough toys and doesn't get walked often enough (Once a week and that's only because I pity the poor thing that I'll walk it myself!!) RSPCA/PETA if you're reading this, save the poor puppy from Mr & Mrs Cruela!!

Over the Air: Symphony No. 12 "The Year 1917" - Shoskatovich

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]