Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Damn you, Consumerists(m)!

So I was reading Consumerist's 10 Tips that Will Make Sure you go Broke... In shopping culture like Singapore, how do we go about stopping ourselves from making these mistakes?!

No. 1 - Make shopping your Hobby
Eh... it already is for most Singaporeans! Wake up your idea westerners!

No. 7 - Don't open a High Interest Savings Account
Errrm... don't make me laff. My "high interest" savings a/c...lemme check... is earning me 2%!

No. 8 - Run up lots of Credit Card Debt
I DO know people whom have every credit card that is ever offered to them, but then are the least spendtrift of us, whom get the credit cards just becaue of the discounts that are offered! But anyways, we're all smart enough not to clear the bill...

No. 10 - Buy your children whatever they want
Errm... do parents and brothers count as your children? =P Eh... must dote on them mah, my only family left lor... (Yes, which means I'm guity of No. 3.)

I guess these tips are for the Americans... whom probably have no control over their spending habits... or lack any financial intuity? For us, I think it's quite ingrained into our minds by out parents that money is "scared"? Well, actually I think my generation got the message, my brother's generation... they don't seem to be pretty much worried about saving for the future?

Over the Air: Young Person's Guide to the Orchestra (Variation and Fugue on a Theme of Purcell), Op. 34 - THEME (Benjamin Britten)

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]