Monday, August 06, 2007
Hello Monday Blues...
Today's Monday Blues is - Nostalgia/Contemplative
Whilst outside waking up with OJ in hand and petting the dog with the other, looking up at the wonderfully blue sky. I thought about my brother... and how much I miss him. Well, to tell you the truth, the way I scold the dog reminds me of how I used to treat my brother when he was younger and sooooo much more disobedient. The "Evil Me"... But he's so much more mature now... still not as much as I'd like, but at least he's taking more responsibility on his own initative now.
Whilst trimming my nails later on, I recalled days of my youth when I'd jump on my parents bed and get them to dig the wax out of my ears lovingly before proceeding onto clipping my nails for me. Those were the days where I was pampered as the only son... I do so miss my mum and dad!
There was once when I hated my mum the most and loved my dad the most. Things... have changed. I so regret it now, especially looking back and seeing how much my mum loves me so much and how much of it I took for granted and often scolding her for her lavish care and attention. Mum... I'm so sorry and I love you!
Dad's becoming worryingly...old. Not the sharpest tool in the shed anymore is he. The times when I was young and he'd fascinate me with all his wordly facts and silly jokes, the father-son bond that we had. Those are the moments that I miss. Thanks dad for shaping me into who I am!
These days it's more of me nagging at him for his often ill-conceived spending sprees... the pile of flash drive that he bought because they were cheap... then frantically rummaging through the house when he can't find them. That's the cue for me to enter and start helping him navigate the mess of the bachelor pad that we call my home.Only now do I realise how my mum had played such an important part in family finances and here I am now in Sydney all because of her clever investing! Thank you again mum!
His lapses in memory have become something unique and so lovable about my dad... though I do worry about the toll it extracts onto his heath. Such, is the fraility of life, the senility of aging... Thanks for being a doting, caring and Christian father!
Then I went onto missing my friends, especially my part-time boyfriends and girlfriends. The latter I've seem to have the most profound effect because they've all gone and gotten married now... so there goes all my back-up plans! =O Thanks for the PT love! =P
So do miss the bitching sessions with my best friends and how tight we are that we'd always have an insult for one another during our weekly meet-ups... Miss yer guys!!! Always know that we'd always be friends no matter what, no matter how long we haven't seen each other, no matter how far apart we are. (Cue: tiniest violin)
Emotions, aren't they a powerful thing?
Whilst outside waking up with OJ in hand and petting the dog with the other, looking up at the wonderfully blue sky. I thought about my brother... and how much I miss him. Well, to tell you the truth, the way I scold the dog reminds me of how I used to treat my brother when he was younger and sooooo much more disobedient. The "Evil Me"... But he's so much more mature now... still not as much as I'd like, but at least he's taking more responsibility on his own initative now.
Whilst trimming my nails later on, I recalled days of my youth when I'd jump on my parents bed and get them to dig the wax out of my ears lovingly before proceeding onto clipping my nails for me. Those were the days where I was pampered as the only son... I do so miss my mum and dad!
There was once when I hated my mum the most and loved my dad the most. Things... have changed. I so regret it now, especially looking back and seeing how much my mum loves me so much and how much of it I took for granted and often scolding her for her lavish care and attention. Mum... I'm so sorry and I love you!
Dad's becoming worryingly...old. Not the sharpest tool in the shed anymore is he. The times when I was young and he'd fascinate me with all his wordly facts and silly jokes, the father-son bond that we had. Those are the moments that I miss. Thanks dad for shaping me into who I am!
These days it's more of me nagging at him for his often ill-conceived spending sprees... the pile of flash drive that he bought because they were cheap... then frantically rummaging through the house when he can't find them. That's the cue for me to enter and start helping him navigate the mess of the bachelor pad that we call my home.Only now do I realise how my mum had played such an important part in family finances and here I am now in Sydney all because of her clever investing! Thank you again mum!
His lapses in memory have become something unique and so lovable about my dad... though I do worry about the toll it extracts onto his heath. Such, is the fraility of life, the senility of aging... Thanks for being a doting, caring and Christian father!
Then I went onto missing my friends, especially my part-time boyfriends and girlfriends. The latter I've seem to have the most profound effect because they've all gone and gotten married now... so there goes all my back-up plans! =O Thanks for the PT love! =P
So do miss the bitching sessions with my best friends and how tight we are that we'd always have an insult for one another during our weekly meet-ups... Miss yer guys!!! Always know that we'd always be friends no matter what, no matter how long we haven't seen each other, no matter how far apart we are. (Cue: tiniest violin)
Emotions, aren't they a powerful thing?
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]