Wednesday, November 21, 2007
Die Zauberflote
Right, it's been way too long since I last blogger... not really sure know why that's been such a lapse, maybe I was having too much fun, too distracted to look towards my favourite venting mechanism possibly?
Anyways, yesterday was invited by ABC to see the Met Opera's screening of The Magic Flute. That was... erm... well the company was great let's just say. Was rather bored though I wasn't the only one apparently, ABC was bored too, well... ABC fell sleep actually.
Not sure opera's for me, around 30mins in, I was getting irritated that they kept repeating verses over and over again just in different variations! ABC said it's because it's an english translation... it's apparently less superflous in original italian? Anyways, the consensus is that we now actually know what the whole deal with die zauberflote is since we've seen it... rather a lackluster story if you ask me.
Did some cooking for dinner since we were both rather broke. Made spag bog after raiding the new Super IGA that just opened. Can get rather used to the whole idea of an intimate domestication. Just... chilling out and doing our own thing, being in our own world like it was in Tassie.
Just saw the supervisor ealier on and he hasn't marked the thesis... ARGH! More waitng, more pensive e-mail checking and more limbo with the whole job thing. Doesn't help that I don't have any work rights now... gotta try looking for ways to circumvent this blodee system now.
I have no idea why I'm in the library blogging really... maybe it's the change of environment. The air of...studiousness? Exams are apparently still going on... so good on them, feed the poor uni more money!
Over the Air: Libraria-nations
Anyways, yesterday was invited by ABC to see the Met Opera's screening of The Magic Flute. That was... erm... well the company was great let's just say. Was rather bored though I wasn't the only one apparently, ABC was bored too, well... ABC fell sleep actually.
Not sure opera's for me, around 30mins in, I was getting irritated that they kept repeating verses over and over again just in different variations! ABC said it's because it's an english translation... it's apparently less superflous in original italian? Anyways, the consensus is that we now actually know what the whole deal with die zauberflote is since we've seen it... rather a lackluster story if you ask me.
Did some cooking for dinner since we were both rather broke. Made spag bog after raiding the new Super IGA that just opened. Can get rather used to the whole idea of an intimate domestication. Just... chilling out and doing our own thing, being in our own world like it was in Tassie.
Just saw the supervisor ealier on and he hasn't marked the thesis... ARGH! More waitng, more pensive e-mail checking and more limbo with the whole job thing. Doesn't help that I don't have any work rights now... gotta try looking for ways to circumvent this blodee system now.
I have no idea why I'm in the library blogging really... maybe it's the change of environment. The air of...studiousness? Exams are apparently still going on... so good on them, feed the poor uni more money!
Over the Air: Libraria-nations
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]