Saturday, March 22, 2008
World Tower
Right, firstly... sorry for the neglect! It's been ages since I last blogged and there were definitely extenuating circumstances to blame....
Today marks one week of my new residence here in World Tower, smack right in the heart of Sydney CBD. It's not the best possible lodging to be in, but it's cheap and everybody knows I'm cheap eh?! Sharing a room with 3 other people in bunk bed army style, which was really my rationale of choosing the place, that since I've been able to live in worse conditions during my de-humanising cycle, it's nice to know I can bring myself to literally re-live a 10 people in 2 bedroom apartment life. You might think that I've begum to slum it over here... but first take into account I moved over here from a backpackers!
So why WT, where incidentally just last night there was a murder on our doorstep, coz apparently asian triads like it here too being next to Chinatown...
WT really lives up to its name though, my place itself kinda caters to people on working holidays, so we have 1 Jap, 2 Italians, 1 Iranian, a brit and 3 frenchies that I get to rub shoulder with also. So the density really gives me a chance to work on my social skills... well...more of my communication but same difference?
Lotsa things have happened in the course of 1 week, got this temp job doing data entry, an interview for a temp position, VIP tickets to Opera on the Big Screen held on the Opera House forecourt courtesy of ABC making Carmen my first Opera here, followed by some student rush tickets to the West Side Story/Bernstein concert by SSO.

Oh, need I mention I our internet's got unlimited access here? =P
Today marks one week of my new residence here in World Tower, smack right in the heart of Sydney CBD. It's not the best possible lodging to be in, but it's cheap and everybody knows I'm cheap eh?! Sharing a room with 3 other people in bunk bed army style, which was really my rationale of choosing the place, that since I've been able to live in worse conditions during my de-humanising cycle, it's nice to know I can bring myself to literally re-live a 10 people in 2 bedroom apartment life. You might think that I've begum to slum it over here... but first take into account I moved over here from a backpackers!
So why WT, where incidentally just last night there was a murder on our doorstep, coz apparently asian triads like it here too being next to Chinatown...
- 10 minutes walk to my new temp job at Martin place
- $150/week means it's rock bottom rent so I get to save up for my own place
- I N T E R N E T !!!
WT really lives up to its name though, my place itself kinda caters to people on working holidays, so we have 1 Jap, 2 Italians, 1 Iranian, a brit and 3 frenchies that I get to rub shoulder with also. So the density really gives me a chance to work on my social skills... well...more of my communication but same difference?
Lotsa things have happened in the course of 1 week, got this temp job doing data entry, an interview for a temp position, VIP tickets to Opera on the Big Screen held on the Opera House forecourt courtesy of ABC making Carmen my first Opera here, followed by some student rush tickets to the West Side Story/Bernstein concert by SSO.

Oh, need I mention I our internet's got unlimited access here? =P
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]