Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Enchanted

Whilst I'm elated that the show scores a elegant 93% at Rotten Tomatoes, I was sadly enlightened by the "Children" genre rating that it got categorised under. I mean there was a quite a fair bit of violence!

Well, must admit I did actually like the show... go figure. Disney does have got the euphoria-in-a-DVD trick pat down, kudos to them. See, I'm quite a sucker for the romantic fairytales stuff and the everybody-starts-dancing-and-singing-around-you musical bit is one of my weak spots too, so... damn you Disney for continuing to patronise my taste in fluffy movies!

Compliments yesterday's does of highly charged political action thriller - Body of Lies that I watched yesterday. Leondardo di Caprio certainly is growing up fast... same for Russell Crowe but not in a good way though. A really good movie too really... wasn't a brain-dead all action gore flick that I was expecting from the trailers & cast...

Anyways, the point is that I'm feeling happy now! So that's what counts!

Oh and also... because in the last 4 weeks I've gotten myself a pair of Philips Cineos SHP9000 cans, Logitech Z-5500 5.1 speakers and today a Sennheiser HD590 headphone...all from eBay. Curse the person who invented online shopping!

So far I'm very happy with the philips, think they're even better than the old SHP895s I had... cheaper too! The logitechs are still in the box... meaning the Z-10s are still my main pair of speakers slash headphone amp, the AKG K518s are my portable cans so thus the Sennheisers are ... for my ... future CD player! Well... either that or I'd go get myself the Beresford TC-7510 DAC to hook up to the PC... Hmmm... I really should try the DACs on the Z-5500s actually, supposedly quite good!

Cheerio!

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]