Sunday, January 25, 2009
TSSS
Was a last minute invite to the Tallis Scholars Summer School (TSSS) Gala concert tonight, it was really quite an awesome experience seeing these people had only 1 week to put it together and the first thing that struck me was the humongous range of ages of the participants. Sure there were your usual teenage youths but there was also your old grey haired needing walking aids aussie! Lifelong learning is definately alive here!
Okay, must admit the concert wasn't the highlight, it was the pre-concert dinner and post-concert celebrations... the un-official one that is! =P
Was at the Hughenden Hotel for dinner, apparently sitting outside was a bad choice since the summer buster was in full swing and our food had some added stuff brought upon by the winds. Which isn't such a bad thing since earlier on, I was literally baking in my room from the 40 degree heat!
We choose 3 entrees - An anti-pesto platter, duck patte with brioche and some salad with buffalo cheese thing which I advoided. Yum....
After the concert, we were off to Newtown for some drinks but since I was designated driver I only had my usual lemon-lime and bitters. Got the other 2 blokes to down some Long Island Black Tea. =O
Had to drive a manual E36 BMW 335i and those uphill starts are a killer!!! Nerve wrecking when there's stop-start traffic and them horribly quick signal changes. So relieved when we got to Kingscross for supper at Cafe Hernandaz. They're opened 24/7! Can just imagine them clubbers from Kingscross stopping over for a night-cap or caffeine boost just before errrm... an adrenaline dosed "night-cap". =P The cafe's really quite beautiful, if not hot inside. It was midnight and they were still roasting and grinding coffee!
Anyways, it was kinda weird for me, since ABC's guests was kinda inappropiate at times, I think I was invited back to stay over at Canberra for the Australia Day long weekend but I declined since there was some under table over affectionate that I deemed rather inappropiate... Oh well...
Still, thought my long weekend was going to be boring but today had been a full-on day must say!
Happy long weekend!
Okay, must admit the concert wasn't the highlight, it was the pre-concert dinner and post-concert celebrations... the un-official one that is! =P
Was at the Hughenden Hotel for dinner, apparently sitting outside was a bad choice since the summer buster was in full swing and our food had some added stuff brought upon by the winds. Which isn't such a bad thing since earlier on, I was literally baking in my room from the 40 degree heat!
We choose 3 entrees - An anti-pesto platter, duck patte with brioche and some salad with buffalo cheese thing which I advoided. Yum....
After the concert, we were off to Newtown for some drinks but since I was designated driver I only had my usual lemon-lime and bitters. Got the other 2 blokes to down some Long Island Black Tea. =O
Had to drive a manual E36 BMW 335i and those uphill starts are a killer!!! Nerve wrecking when there's stop-start traffic and them horribly quick signal changes. So relieved when we got to Kingscross for supper at Cafe Hernandaz. They're opened 24/7! Can just imagine them clubbers from Kingscross stopping over for a night-cap or caffeine boost just before errrm... an adrenaline dosed "night-cap". =P The cafe's really quite beautiful, if not hot inside. It was midnight and they were still roasting and grinding coffee!
Anyways, it was kinda weird for me, since ABC's guests was kinda inappropiate at times, I think I was invited back to stay over at Canberra for the Australia Day long weekend but I declined since there was some under table over affectionate that I deemed rather inappropiate... Oh well...
Still, thought my long weekend was going to be boring but today had been a full-on day must say!
Happy long weekend!
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]